The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Squashed snake!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SexyBear77 Posted - 16/09/2009 : 19:42:02
Went into Caspers viv today and discovered him underneath his ceramic flower pot, but with some coils sticking out from underneath, so the pot was actually on him!

the pot weighs about a kilo, and when I lifted it off carefully he seemed to be really squashed down were the pot was on him. he was also very stiff and had an area of his body about 4 feet down that he wasnt moving.

he has never done this before and so now I am concerned that he has done himself some damage...

advice please?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
CAL Posted - 02/10/2009 : 21:43:11
They are quite robust. Monty used to regularly lay with his water bowl half on / off him and it hasn't caused any harm.
KITTYCAT Posted - 19/09/2009 : 18:13:22
Wouldnt worry too much my snow has mad moments where she hides under her ceramic water dish she does look abit squashed i mooved her but 2hrs later she did it againi suppose when theyre in the wild the will hide under some weird things
Brookestar Posted - 18/09/2009 : 10:11:16
like said before just let him run inbetween fingers and check bones in place. my amel spends all her time in the egg laying hide (so i call it) and is always stiff when i get her out but she soon comes rounds with a gentle massage
SexyBear77 Posted - 18/09/2009 : 09:22:56
cheers guys, he seems to be a bit stiff still but otherwise ok.
Kellog Posted - 17/09/2009 : 00:26:03
Sorry about it SB. Agree with others. When you think that they can squeeze through any hole their head can fit through it shows how small their body can flatten to. Just handle him and see how he reacts. Keep us informed. xxx
gingerpony Posted - 16/09/2009 : 21:53:27
he was probably a little stiff but he should be ok when he gets moving and loosened up again, they do wedge themselves in some seemingly stupid places!
HannahB Posted - 16/09/2009 : 21:22:22
snakes are pretty sturdy and like matty said they can flatten out pretty well.. im sure if he was in pain he would have let you know by now! he was probably just stiff after being under it for a while
matty18714 Posted - 16/09/2009 : 19:44:54
I wouldnt worry too much, they can flatten their bodies quite well. Take him out and handle him, check that all his bones are in line. See if he responds to the tip of his tail being touched, alot of snakes dont like it and will flick their tail away.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000