The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Constipated...again!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 16/09/2009 : 17:51:07
My Ed has now gone 3 weeks without pooing. he has had 2 large mice in this time. he doesnt feel lumpy, and seems ok apart from being a little agitated (but dont we all when our poo's stuck!?). hes not close to shedding either. due for another mouse next week, should i maybe wait till he poos? normally feed him every fortnight. he is 4.5ft long, not fat or skinny, and about 8 year old.

advice please!

Thanks
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 08/10/2009 : 23:11:31
We have found that the easiest way of bathing our corn snake is in some shallow tepid water in a plastic faunarium. It has air holes, and we can see the whole of her body as she swims around and can also put the lid on it to limit her attempts at escaping. We then take her out and empty the faunarium and put some paper towels in the bottom and then replace her in it whilst cleaning out her viv. We find that she settles within seconds of being put into the water. Usually she does a poo either in the water or on the paper towels shortly afterwards.
n/a Posted - 08/10/2009 : 22:40:34
Cheers guys, i was just about to give him a bath, but hes gone into 'shed mode' now so cant handle him. maybe shedding will bring on a poo, its been a month now!!!
SexyBear77 Posted - 18/09/2009 : 09:22:26
Yeah, I love seeing Casper swimming in the bath too!
Kellog Posted - 18/09/2009 : 03:29:20
Definitely use bath instead of sink - when Kellog had mites we tried the sink 1st and he hated it, thrashing around and even managing to get himself stuck between sink and basin. Tried bath next time and he was so much more relaxed. Lovely to see him swimming round (think there is a pic in Kellog's photo file). Luckily he had pooed recently so we didnt get an deposits in the bath! Lol!! xxx
n/a Posted - 18/09/2009 : 01:46:14
hi mhs, dunno if you've looked at my poo problem on this page but my little man has just gone 45 days between expelling waste and i was getting pretty worried, i can tell ya!!
he was only saved from a swimming lesson by a timely shed which brought it on instead.
i wouldnt be too worried just yet if he seems ok but i would defo try the bath thing if lots of rhythmic stroking when handling him doesnt produce any results sometime soon. X
gingerpony Posted - 16/09/2009 : 21:55:22
as per Remmy's reply about the bath, checking the temp is VERY important!

TBH i wouldn't be overly concerned, it's not a huge amount of food for a snake that size....... but keep handling him to encourage it to move through his digestive system
Remmy Posted - 16/09/2009 : 20:06:17
Rinse the bath out so their is no gel in there. Put just enough water in so the snake can swim without touching the bottom, you dont need to support him as snakes are good swimmers so he will be fine. Make the water around 80f, the same temp as his warm end in the viv and make sure you use a thermometer to measure the temp of the water.
n/a Posted - 16/09/2009 : 17:58:25
Not bathed him yet, how do i do that? Im not sure whether to use the bath as there might be remnants of shower/bath gel which havent been properly scrubbed off, dont want to poison Ed, but then again the sink is too small for him. How much water should i put in, and how long should i give him in there? do i need to support his weight and hold some of him up or just let him swim freely!? questions questions about such a simple thing!
Remmy Posted - 16/09/2009 : 17:54:00
Have you tried giving him a bath, that normally makes them poo

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000