The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 His mouths gone funny!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Emiko Posted - 15/09/2009 : 18:20:57
Right so the other day I was feeding my snake (Ichigo) and I was getting ready to place the pinky in front of him, but I put the pinky in with its bum facing ichigo's head by accident. Before I could turn it round, Mr Greedy latched on to the pinky and I couldn't get him off. Ichi took longer than usual to eat and I saw that he had trouble getting round the legs backwards... stupid thing...

Now, what worries me is, I know there ment to go down head first because otherwise the legs stick out, which has been proven true... After swallowing he kept opening his mouth reallllly wide and closing again, so I asume the jaws didn't line up properly. It's been about 9 hours since he ate and his mouth still isn't properly closed! Also I was watching him and he opens his mouth every few minutes or so... I'm extremly worried about him. I don't want him to be in any pain or anything... So is there anything I can do to help him? Or will he be ok on his own... heeelllp
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 15/09/2009 : 20:24:42
he's probably just stretched the muscles and ligaments around his jaw, i'd just keep an eye on him, feed him next time according to plan and keep us updated
matty18714 Posted - 15/09/2009 : 18:34:21
Theres not much you can do to help him, he will probably right it on his own. How often is he opening his mouth. Have you got a pic of his head? How big was the pinkie you fed him compared to him?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000