The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Recurgitation hatchling.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 04/09/2009 : 00:02:03
hi got my two hatchling carolinas last weekend. Sorry no pic yet.
one last fed on the 19th Aug the other on the 24th. they have had 2 feeds in total from first shed.

the day after i got them I noticed that the larger of the 2 had cloudly eyes so thought going into shed. last night i was going to be feeding one of my RP's so i thought i would try the corns as well as it has been a bit from last feed.

The smaller of the 2 was not interested at all. but the larger took pinkie. And had almost finished swallowing (just tiny bit of pinkie tail sticky out.) we she brought it all back out again.

Does this still class as a Recurgitation?
thought may have been due to on coming shed or maybe the pinkie was a bit too big.?

when i had a quick check on her today when i came home from work she had completely shed all in one piece.

How long do you think I should leave it until i try to feed her again.
7 or 10 days. and should i only give her half a pinkie?

the smaller of the 2 is the one who last ate on the 24th. so a bit concerned that the other will not have eaten for 3 weeks if i have to leave it ten days. Bt I suppose a clean shed is a good sign so far.

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 05/09/2009 : 00:36:18
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

yeah i agree.. feed after 5 days and see how that goes
as to the other one is there anything that could be stressing him/her out? are they housed together or separately?

Ok i'll give a go in five days. No they are house seperatly. and stress factor from viv is absolute minium. he may just be taking a bit longer to settle in. Or approaching a shed himself as they hatched on same day and had there first shed on same day. will let you know how they get on. Cheers

and thanks BE.
HannahB Posted - 05/09/2009 : 00:02:59
yeah i agree.. feed after 5 days and see how that goes
as to the other one is there anything that could be stressing him/her out? are they housed together or separately?
Blackecho Posted - 04/09/2009 : 07:04:32
I would say leave alone for another 5 days and then try them again. She may have just got spooked by something and decided not to eat. I would not class that as a regurge.
n/a Posted - 04/09/2009 : 00:53:33
Spor, the advice I received from most people here was to feed a hatchling every 5 (five) days.

Also, it has been mentioned that they get hungry after a shed. Still, I have no idea re the pinkie going in then out so although my instincts say feed her, perhaps it's best to wait for experienced advice.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000