The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 lumps found on my cornsnake??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 27/08/2009 : 12:59:35
Hi all,

my 18 month old cornsnake has recently developed 3 cist like lumps under the scales along it's back over the last few days!? I'm pretty sure it's not mites as i can see no other evidence of them and the scales don't appear to be lifted at all, it seems as though they are actually under the skin. There is one about half way down its body, one a bit further down, and then one located near the vent and all of them are located on the back and notthe snakes belly. They are quite hard to the touch and about the size of a large pepper corn maybe, but cause no discomfort to the snake when touched.

I have been to two reptile shops near me and nobody who works there can really identify what they might be.. So any ideas before i take it to the vet would be much appreciated!

Thanks
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 28/08/2009 : 05:47:35
Let us know what vet says and how he is doing?? Hope he is ok. xxx
n/a Posted - 27/08/2009 : 13:52:07
Thanks for both your advice, it just seems strange that they have developed so fast as i try to handle my corn quite regularly and didn't notice the lumps 2 or 3 days ago before i fed it. Plus i've seen absolutely no change in character, he's just as shy as he always is lol
meggi Posted - 27/08/2009 : 13:30:43
i`d take matty18714s advice , get him/her to the vets quickly. It might be seriously harming the snake.
matty18714 Posted - 27/08/2009 : 13:03:55
Welcome to the forum. It could be an Abcess, in which case I think they can drain it. My corn had one a few years ago.

Whatever it is, get it to the vets soon, there's nothing you can do about it.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000