The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 non eater

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 25/08/2009 : 17:15:54
ok so i got a none eating anery hatchling ....i tried all things brained pinkie,pinkie in the water bowl, the dancing pinkie,the scent marked pinkie,even leaving a 24 hour leaving in cage pinkie even been to the vets he said she is fine..but nothing i had her almost 2 weeks now she is drinking fine cept when the pinkie was in it and is moving about fine still very alert. I didnt handle her for the full 7 days i still havent handled her because she hasnt eaten...i went to the reptile shop one person said live pinkies the other said a pinkie pump (whats a pinkie pump?) ....what do u all think?....Also how long can a hatchling go without i know some just refuse to eat am begining to think i got a non eater
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 10/09/2009 : 11:51:41
vet checked her over seem fine yet again...she is not dehydrated and she is alert and moving around..he said give it another few days see how she goes its been 5 weeks now ...how long can a hatchling go for with out eating?
Williamson Posted - 10/09/2009 : 11:35:57
Good Luck Tilly. Thinking of you
n/a Posted - 10/09/2009 : 10:42:22
Well, mine hasn't eaten since 15 Aug. I don't need to pull my hair out from the worry; it's going to fall off all by itself if he doesn't eat soon! To make things worse, I'm flying out of the country today so for the next couple of weeks or so the Real Hawk will have to take care of things by himself. I wish I could postpone travelling but I can't.

But hey, perhaps by them time I get back he will have fed -- who knows!

n/a Posted - 10/09/2009 : 09:39:55
If it makes you feel any better Slinky refused quite a few of her feeds when I first got her. Took her a wee while to settle in. Now she is a greedy wee madam lol. Think sometimes it just takes time.
n/a Posted - 10/09/2009 : 08:46:03
Just a update really.....Still no luck my female anery its still not eating so off to the vets again with her...She is so stubbon
n/a Posted - 31/08/2009 : 22:17:40
thanks mandy
n/a Posted - 31/08/2009 : 20:31:37
hi tilly is your anery eating yet? we had an ex corn snake breeder in last night she nows breed burmese and and boas anyway we had 4 non eating anerys, sounds a bit drastic but it did work for us, she force one of the anerys a pinkie head with a pair of tweezers and he took it no problem and kept it down she also tried to force feed the others but they didnt take it anyway she then left the pinkies in the tub and covered with newspaper half hour later they all had eaten they must have got taste for it. was a two man job but it worked a treat. hope it eats soon
n/a Posted - 28/08/2009 : 10:43:20
good luck, hope she eats soon, i had to take my hatchie on holiday to the rep store, he threatened her with the pinkie pump and lo amd behold she decided to eat, dont quite now what he did tho, i too had tried everything, maybe if your local shop is good you could try it. i know how you feel tho.
n/a Posted - 28/08/2009 : 09:31:37
Nope have tried everything .....However i was a bit cheeky lol i found a breeder who lives not far from me ...dunno who he is but i emailed him off his site and asked advice
Kellog Posted - 28/08/2009 : 05:46:18
Hatchling eating yet tilly? xxx
Remmy Posted - 27/08/2009 : 18:17:41
Yw tilly, let me know if any of them work
n/a Posted - 26/08/2009 : 23:18:57
thanxs remmy
Remmy Posted - 26/08/2009 : 22:19:42
Tilly i have got a few things you could try that i have heard work, not all together though lol.
1- Soak the pinkie in chicken stock
2- Dip the pinkie in tuna juice
3- Wash the pinkie to get rid of the scent when you take it out of the freezer then dip the head only in boiling water
n/a Posted - 26/08/2009 : 20:13:34
ty mandy
n/a Posted - 26/08/2009 : 15:54:28
ours are 4 weeks old now tried everything all the usuall stuff neva heard of pinkie pump though dont like the sound of that or force feeding we have a breeder friend thats coming at the weekend to see if she can help us out i so hope as one of them hasnt put any weight on at all just exactly the same as when it hatched the other 2 however have almost tripled in size am presuming they goin to be fine and just arent ready if i pick up any other tips when my friend comes i will pass it on, hope it goes well
n/a Posted - 26/08/2009 : 14:23:51
its not shop brought one of my eldest son friends gave it to me before he went to uni ...and i dont no which one lol ...pinkie pump dont sound good
n/a Posted - 26/08/2009 : 14:22:14
about a week and a half
meggi Posted - 26/08/2009 : 13:52:33
Sorry to tell you this , but before i had tobasco , i had another corn called cassie who didn`t eat and she sadly died. But cassie was also showing other sighns of illness e.g - lack of growth , no shed , awake 24hrs , always infront of the heat. So unless he/she is showing any of them sighns keep trying. have you tried putting it in a chinease takeawaytube (or something like that) over night with the pinkie??? If that dont work take it back to the shop.
SexyBear77 Posted - 26/08/2009 : 11:30:12
a pinkie pump (i think) is for squirting mushed up pinkies straight into your snake. it sounds like youve tried all of the right things- how long have you been trying for?
n/a Posted - 26/08/2009 : 08:19:46
I feel for ya ...this is my first non eater.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000