The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Advice on shedding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 22/08/2009 : 11:20:40
My snake Reggie started shedding a few days ago, his eyes were blue when I checked him this morning. He likes to hide away in his cave (the ones with the hole in the lid). I have put some damp moss in and its in the warm end is this enough or should I put a shedding box in for him and if so in the warm/cool end? He has been very good letting me handle him while I re-moisten the moss but then I've left him in peace. Any advice would be appreciated, just want to get it right.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 22/08/2009 : 21:41:07
once his eyes have cleared again expect him to shed within about a week..........
all mine shed without any help apart from my OAP corn who can't shed without the use of a damp hide
Remmy Posted - 22/08/2009 : 18:14:57
Yes let us know how it is going
SexyBear77 Posted - 22/08/2009 : 16:50:14
sounds good to me, keep us posted.
n/a Posted - 22/08/2009 : 13:08:44
Thanks for the advice. This is the first time I have seen a snake shedding have only had him 4 weeks so was a bit concerned that I get it right. I have now moved the water bowl into the warm end and will keep an eye on him.
Remmy Posted - 22/08/2009 : 12:13:42
I wouldn`t bother with moss hides unless Reggie has problems shedding. I just put a small extra water bowl in the hot end to bring up humidity.
lee2308 Posted - 22/08/2009 : 12:02:59
I dont bother with moss hides unless their roblem shedders,i would just move the water bowl to the warm end and thats usally enough humidity
sexychef Posted - 22/08/2009 : 11:57:26
sounds fine, one thing i would change is to put the moss hide in the middle and another dry hide in the hot end

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000