The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Urgent advice

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 20/08/2009 : 15:44:48
I have came home today to find 9 more babies dead - 11 in total since yesterday. I am thinking it may be the food now as the ones that are dead were eating very well and growing and these pinkies were from a new batch. The non-feeders are all still alive.

1. Is there anything I can do to prove this theory?
2. Can I get any form of compensation - and the minimum of my money back that I spent on the pinkies?
3. I bought weaner rats and small mice too and have been feeding them to my other snakes - could they be at risk?

Please advise as I am very concerned/upset/angry!
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 21/08/2009 : 15:35:53
oh my god ss, would be gutted to come home to my babies dead, will be very hard to prove the food as the culprit as said before feed the remaining on pinkies from another shop if u suspect thats the problem then speak to the rep shop maybe some others have had the same problems, hope all goes well with the others.
SexyBear77 Posted - 21/08/2009 : 11:16:50
I feel so sorry for you, and I understand your anger and frustration. I would buy new pinkies from another shop if possible and get the remaining babies down to a vet straight away, Possibly take one of the dead babies with you aswell, safely contained, for testing if the vet deems it necessary.

good luck with the rest of them and keep us posted!
gingerpony Posted - 20/08/2009 : 18:50:27
OMG hun that's terrible *hugs* i'm so sorry

i think in this instance i'd contact an exotic vet for advice.... maybe with the posibility of testing the pinkies you were feeding? although tbh once they leave the place you bought them the shop can't guarantee how or where they were kept prior to being fed...... not really sure where you stand hun, really sorry
HannahB Posted - 20/08/2009 : 17:14:45
if i were you id talk to the rep shop where you got your pinkies from and see what they say.. they might have had similar problems as im assuming they would be using the same stock..
sorry that this has happened
hillzi Posted - 20/08/2009 : 16:24:36
Oh dear I'm so sorry.

Sure it wasn't a disease..?
n/a Posted - 20/08/2009 : 16:03:21
sorry bout your loss, obviously i dont no your situation as in temps , housing etc, but it sounds a good possibility there may be a prob with the food if your non feeders are still ok,without expensive testing tho i would think it difficult to prove , good luck with the remaining hachlings.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000