The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Urgent Help Needed Fast1

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
devilsmistress Posted - 10/08/2009 : 15:42:34
I have no idea where It has come from, but bam has got masking tape stuck to him. We have just tried bathing him to soften it and get it off, but no joy, its stuck fast. We managed to get the bits of bedding out of it. The only palce I can think it has come from is IN the bag of bedding.
I fed him this morning, So will probably get a regurge now, But I could not just leave him like it.

Can anyone help, if its easier by phone e mail me your number on paulasparky@hotmail.com and I will phoe you back.

12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SexyBear77 Posted - 11/08/2009 : 12:35:39
hes probably just a bit battered and bruised, leave him to recover for a few days and watch for signs of improvement or deterioration.
devilsmistress Posted - 11/08/2009 : 10:27:26
I did start getting worried last night that I had done some damage to him as he was just laying streached out across the front of the viv. Its very unlike him and as he had a meal to digest I would have thought he would go into his hide like normal. Well I'll confess I did give him a few nudgs to make him move, and after trying to bite me again he slithered off and looked to be moving ok. He is now curled up in the cool side hide, so Im going to watch him for a few days, with no handaling, just in case something is wrong. If I think there is Ill get him to a vet to be checked out, just incase, as the tape was stuck right where his meal was, so I did have to hold that area while getting the tape off, so Im thinking I might have given him belly ache!
If anyone has any suggestions or thinks they know what it mightbe, feel free to let me know!
Kellog Posted - 11/08/2009 : 03:15:33
Just glad Bam is ok and has come through this unscathed, even if you have come through it damaged emotionally and physically! xxx
n/a Posted - 10/08/2009 : 23:00:26
quote:
Originally posted by paulasparky

Im going to switch to it once I have finished the bag of beach chips that im useing!

you can use kitchen roll as well...
devilsmistress Posted - 10/08/2009 : 21:08:54
Im going to switch to it once I have finished the bag of beach chips that im useing!
HannahB Posted - 10/08/2009 : 21:05:01
aw poor bam.. at least theres no damage
oooh shredded paper is good - mont isnt too keen on it but i like it lol
devilsmistress Posted - 10/08/2009 : 19:07:59
I phoned the pet shop to complaine about it and they say they bag it themselvs, and the funnel thing they use had some masking tape on it, so could have come from there. They said they would give me another bag for free, But i said no. Im going to use some shedded paper as we have tons of it!!! So if anyone wants a carrier bag full of shedded paper for bedding, give me a shout! All i ask is say £1 to cover the postage!!!!
Remmy Posted - 10/08/2009 : 18:37:37
Well done, i know what you went through it happened to me a while ago with glue. Makes you more carefull when something like that happens.
SexyBear77 Posted - 10/08/2009 : 18:04:14
well done for getting it off! check all bags carefully now!
Kazerella Posted - 10/08/2009 : 17:58:44

but it was worth it to get it off
devilsmistress Posted - 10/08/2009 : 16:15:01
It was Maksing tape! he shed the other day in one piece. I managed to get hold of the breader I got him off and she said to put him in a small container with some luke warm water and leave him for a bit, then try again. Luckaly second time round it came off, and I cant dee any scale damage. He is now in his hide sulking at me! well least im in the herp club now! Got bitten twice and had mt first majour panic attack with him!!!
hillzi Posted - 10/08/2009 : 16:08:31
are you sure its masking tape and not retained shed?

try get a pic.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000