The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 sid keeps rubbing against things. why is this?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 31/07/2009 : 11:55:24
my hatchling loves to rub against things. is this normal or is it a sign of something wrong e.g mites
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 17/08/2009 : 22:53:22
Definitely agree with Kaz, cannot think that soaking a snake for 3 - 4 hrs is healthy. We have had mites and (fingers crossed) seem to be on top of it by bathing him regularly, just for 5 to 10 min max, then running him through kitchen roll in our hands to dry him. Removed all substrate, hide, water bowl, branch and plants. Bleached viv. He is now back in viv on kitchen roll, with just hide and water bowl. This began 2 weeks ago and have bathed him about 4 times and regularly change kitchen roll. Have put back in baked branch. He is eating well. It can be beaten by hard work - I hope. xxx
Kazerella Posted - 17/08/2009 : 21:44:09
I wouldn't put a snake in water for 3-4 hours because the water will go cold in that time. The water should be tepid and take the snake out before it gets too cool. About 20-30 minutes is alright.
KITTYCAT Posted - 17/08/2009 : 13:32:39
hi there , if it is mites a care sheet i have suggests putting the snake in a covered container with shallow water for 3-4 hours i think that may be a bit long for a hatchling clean viv dry snake and teturn the mites die of in the water.
n/a Posted - 31/07/2009 : 21:20:46
Just make sure it is mites before you go treating your corn for anything.

If he does have mites, best place to look on him is under his scales and around his eyes..

also in the viv you will notice them in his water if he has been soaking to relieve himself of the biting....or maybe in the corners of the viv..

What substrate are you keeping him on?

you will notice his skin will darken and maybe his belly will start to turn pink before he is going to shed.
n/a Posted - 31/07/2009 : 18:32:27
thanks for that . will have to try that. is the frontline you get for dogs and cats the same stuff you dilute for herps. . and would it need more thanone application to clear it up.
n/a Posted - 31/07/2009 : 17:54:16
Have a read at this
http://www.boaconstrictor.de/com/Haltung/Milben.htm
n/a Posted - 31/07/2009 : 17:32:49
i don't know what thet look like or where to find them.
Remmy Posted - 31/07/2009 : 15:35:01
Have you looked for mites?
n/a Posted - 31/07/2009 : 12:29:42
he should be due to shed soon. but is not showing any visible signs yet
hillzi Posted - 31/07/2009 : 12:05:16
is it in shed?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000