The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 My Snake Not Move From Hide

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hiper2009 Posted - 26/07/2009 : 13:35:35
Hey all i fed my snake on thursday and since then hes been in his cave and not came out its been a few days is something wrong with him do i need to lift his cave up and wake him up ? Im really worried now What do i do ?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
devilsmistress Posted - 28/07/2009 : 07:02:29
Maybe he is just a shy snake? Im sure he will come round in time. Bam hardley moved from his hide the first week!
hiper2009 Posted - 28/07/2009 : 02:19:41
quote:
Originally posted by paulasparky

You say he was ina lunch box, now in a viv, How big is the viv? He might be scared of the big open space all of a sudden, Give him times Im sure he will be fine. Is the viv anywhere that gets noisy? Lots of people walking past ect? that could be why he is hideing so much?

Nope its very quite and in bedroom and viv is perfect for him in size wise.
devilsmistress Posted - 27/07/2009 : 14:46:38
You say he was ina lunch box, now in a viv, How big is the viv? He might be scared of the big open space all of a sudden, Give him times Im sure he will be fine. Is the viv anywhere that gets noisy? Lots of people walking past ect? that could be why he is hideing so much?
sexychef Posted - 27/07/2009 : 14:18:28
has he moved inside his hide?
hiper2009 Posted - 27/07/2009 : 14:11:03
I have stayed awake for the past 3 nights until 5am and he is in the same place.
hillzi Posted - 27/07/2009 : 13:42:38
you don't know what he does at night.. probably racing around the vivarium!!

Corns are nocturnal so you would rarely see them around in the day time :)
hiper2009 Posted - 26/07/2009 : 20:56:03
yeah there is 2 caves one at the heat side and one at the cool side they both the same i guess he just needs more time to settle down after him being stuck in a tiny lunchbox for 2years, i did him a favour for getting him now he has freedom in his viv
HannahB Posted - 26/07/2009 : 19:48:44
my lil guy was the same-he never shifted from the cool side after feeding.. i put a tub in the hot end with some kitchen towel in and now he hides under that all the time
lee2308 Posted - 26/07/2009 : 19:17:34
the cool side is probably warm enough for him,he will move when he wants to.
SexyBear77 Posted - 26/07/2009 : 19:03:07
is there is cave or hide on the warm side? still wouldnt worry too much, snakes arent like dogs or cats, they dont actually "like" being around humans, so will be quite secretive.
hiper2009 Posted - 26/07/2009 : 18:20:35
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

snakes after feeding will take themselves off and hide somwhere warm for the food to digest- in the wild a full snake would be in danger of being eaten because they are full and sluggish. I wouldnt worry, I barely see my female out of the hide more than once a week!

Thats my point hes been in the cool side cave since he was fed so he has not had the warmth.
SexyBear77 Posted - 26/07/2009 : 17:36:43
snakes after feeding will take themselves off and hide somwhere warm for the food to digest- in the wild a full snake would be in danger of being eaten because they are full and sluggish. I wouldnt worry, I barely see my female out of the hide more than once a week!
Mick Posted - 26/07/2009 : 17:12:12
I fed mine on Tuesday, and he's still in there lol, I just leave him till he wants to comes out.
He usually pops out for a poo and a sip of water then back he goes, lazy bugga
hiper2009 Posted - 26/07/2009 : 16:18:19
Ok Thx bud for advise i will will him until he comes out and ill feed as normal.
lee2308 Posted - 26/07/2009 : 16:13:42
give him his normal feed then 48 hours after you should bo ok for a little handling but keep it to short periods at first
sexychef Posted - 26/07/2009 : 15:42:24
feed as normal i doubt he will become aggressive due to the lack of handerling
hiper2009 Posted - 26/07/2009 : 15:31:54
Ok thanks mate i will leave him be until hes ready but will he go aggresive like from not being tamed? until then i will play with dogs haha , wanted to welcome champagne in to the family but its no problem ill wait til hes ready. do i feed him as normal on thursday even if he still does not come out the cave

On the first 2 days of having him he was extreamly hyper and active in the viv until i fed him last thursday he decided not to come out

Edited: i cleaned his poo out on friday as normal while he slept in the cool side he pooed two times in the heat side lol
lee2308 Posted - 26/07/2009 : 15:23:32
i wouldnt worry,if he needed heat he would move,no need to wake him,you could just lift the hide to make sure he's ok just toassure yourself,i would wait until he's out and about to handle,i know it's hard to wait but it will pay off in the end
hiper2009 Posted - 26/07/2009 : 15:15:54
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

edit..just notice too that you only got it tuesday so it still early day yet,and snakes can go days or even weeks without being seen.

Well on tuesday he will need handling right as it will be 7days in his viv with out being handled so if he does not come out by tuesday do i lift his cave up and take him out to be loved and handled or do i leave him alone until he comes out on his own also he will be fed on thursday.
hiper2009 Posted - 26/07/2009 : 14:41:54
Hes CB07 - 2yrs old , Viv is 3ft - 2inches , have heat mat set up with thermostat with thermometer, and a lamp light its not a heat source its just a light for day time,

Hes been in the cool side since thursday after feeding in the cave im worried bcos hes not gone to the heat side will he be ok in the cool side or shal i wake him up so he goes to the heat. ??

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000