The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Lazy Snake?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dr Lupus Posted - 24/07/2009 : 10:43:42
Sorry to be such a newbie and ask loads of questions but I wanna make sure I get this right.

When I got up this morning I noticed Lucius was more placid than usual because last night he slithering around all over the place. He's just sitting around not moving at all. He didn't even move when I changed his water this morning (he usually slithers away from me with him being new) - is this a sign that he's ill or unhappy? Or does it just mean that he's becoming more settled in his new home?

Thanks guys - and sorry again for being a tad dense/overprotective.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dr Lupus Posted - 26/07/2009 : 07:48:28
I called the centre I bought him from in the end. Turns out he was too hot cus too much of his viv was covered by the heat mat. So I sorted that out and he cooled himself down :) - It's all good :)

Thanks for the advice.
matty18714 Posted - 24/07/2009 : 21:48:51
Corns are classed as crepuscular as far as I know (active at dusk and dawn).
lee2308 Posted - 24/07/2009 : 21:39:45
quote:
Originally posted by eggy22

corns are nocturnal so he will prob be out and about more at night and lazy in the day.

i think you,ll find their diurnal,please correct me if im wrong
n/a Posted - 24/07/2009 : 18:50:34
corns are nocturnal so he will prob be out and about more at night and lazy in the day.
SexyBear77 Posted - 24/07/2009 : 17:32:30
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Lupus

I think the reason I was a tad worried is because I've fallen ill with a cold/flu over the past couple of days and I was worried I may have passed something on :S

can snakes catch pig flu?
lee2308 Posted - 24/07/2009 : 13:55:38
Was he in the cool end?snankes alot slower when their cool,plus he's probably getting used to you entering the viv and realises your not a threat.
Dr Lupus Posted - 24/07/2009 : 13:26:24

I think the reason I was a tad worried is because I've fallen ill with a cold/flu over the past couple of days and I was worried I may have passed something on :S
SexyBear77 Posted - 24/07/2009 : 12:08:18
he's probably just resting- my male zooms around his viv for hours, then just lays with his head resting on his hide, watching the world go by. nothing to be worried about in my opinion.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000