The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Corn snake stuck inside old skin

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 16/07/2009 : 10:32:07
Hello, I apologise for not introducing myself to the forum but I am concerned about my corn snake, and have struggled to find anywhere to get answers, until I found this place.

My corn snake this morning was shedding her skin like normal. But when I looked in her cage I noticed that she was actually INSIDE the old skin, whereas it's meant to peel off like a sock inside out. I believe she somehow managed to crawl into it. Her head was approaching the tail end which was obviously a dead end, and so not wanting her to get stuck I cut a hole in the skin and left her alone for a while. However it's been half an hour now and she's hardly moved, yet I am certain she is alive as I have seen her tongue flicking every now and then.

Is she okay? And does anyone have any suggestions of what I should do? As it is, most of her body is inside the old skin, with part of it still attached to her tail where I cut it. Did I do the wrong thing to cut it?

Thank you for any help that you can offer,

Kat.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 21/07/2009 : 10:16:41
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

this hapened to some one else too the other day,wierdo snakes.welcome to the forum

lol this was angharad's snake - strawbs.

we picked her up and took the skin off her in the end. was very stressful for her but she was okay in the end.

glad your snake was okay
punumbear Posted - 17/07/2009 : 23:02:33
have ya double checked her to make sure she squeeky clean now? or is all on the shed?
n/a Posted - 17/07/2009 : 20:54:19
Ooh, scarey moment, glad she's ok now though and welcome to the forum.
cherry-milkshake Posted - 16/07/2009 : 12:20:03
Welcom to the forum, glad she's ok
SexyBear77 Posted - 16/07/2009 : 11:47:02
glad to hear she is ok!
lee2308 Posted - 16/07/2009 : 11:25:36
this hapened to some one else too the other day,wierdo snakes.welcome to the forum
sexychef Posted - 16/07/2009 : 11:08:47
she obviosly wasnt ready to leaver her old skin yet hehe
n/a Posted - 16/07/2009 : 10:43:46
Haha, just my luck. Just when I had posted this I went to check on her and she had slithered out of the skin!

She's gone under her log now, so I think everything is fine. It was certainly odd though! In the seven years I've had her she's never done anything like that =P
SexyBear77 Posted - 16/07/2009 : 10:36:25
take some pictures to show us clearly, I'm sure you will get some answers.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000