The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Bulb Guard Warning

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 09/07/2009 : 19:52:04

was just reading an old post on another forum about the use of bulb guards with young corns..

Dont know how many of you use them on younger corns, but if you do then you need to make sure that the guards sit flush to the roof of the viv and that NOTHING can squeeze in, as once they are inside the bulb guard they will not survive..

If you have a gap then you need to make some sort of hole in the guard cage that only the wire will fit through nothing else.

ALWAYS remember that corns can fit through small gaps like you wont believe.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 14/07/2009 : 07:48:18
i'll use a heat mat when i get mine then.
Janos Posted - 14/07/2009 : 02:39:49
An idea here is to stuff the gap between the roof of the viv and the guard with blu-tac (is there anything that stuff *isn't* good for??) and before installing the guard, take out the snake and check whether it can go through the gaps.
solid Posted - 11/07/2009 : 12:14:52
when liquid was a baby he climbed up the wires and got into the base of the light fixture (wasnt a heat light) its lucky i saw his tail sticking out before i turned the light on
SexyBear77 Posted - 11/07/2009 : 09:53:04
yep, not worth taking the risk!
n/a Posted - 11/07/2009 : 07:33:40
quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

That's why I'd say heat mats (with stat) under a faun are best for really tiny corns, no chance of burning themselves then.

agree 100% Kaz, thats what i have mine on...
Kazerella Posted - 10/07/2009 : 17:00:08
That's why I'd say heat mats (with stat) under a faun are best for really tiny corns, no chance of burning themselves then.
n/a Posted - 09/07/2009 : 21:17:35
well i am hoping that people will read this, corns can get through the tiniest of gaps, if there head goes in the rest will follow...

So i am hoping to see this read and remembered as a precaution...
Jono2411 Posted - 09/07/2009 : 20:13:18
lol, its mad you should write this down as i cut a bit out of mine that im fitting about 4 hours ago for the wire... lol
sexychef Posted - 09/07/2009 : 19:58:50
my baby corn got in ours but luckily i was using a heat mat as the heat source. so little snakey was fine

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000