The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 help! my corn snake might have digestive problems

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 05/07/2009 : 10:06:19
heya, i have a 1 year old male corn snake who hasnt eaten for over 5 weeks. in the first two weeks of having him he ate one mouse which he regurgitated over night so we checked all temps and environment and it was fine and we tried every technique to make the food interesting but that didnt catch his interest. about a week ago the keepers at the pet shop sujested force feeding, so we brought him in and they did so, but a few days later he regurgitated them in small bits. he doesnt seem interested in food at all, if anything he runs away from it. he also drinks alot and his droppings are white and runny which doesnt look normal...does anyone know what could be wrong with him? :(
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 06/07/2009 : 10:08:01
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

If its regurgitating, the shop shouldnt have tried to force feed it. Thats ridiculous.

TOTALLY agree with matty! and to force feed anything that's only fasted for 5 weeks is pretty stupid too unless accompanied by rapid weight loss?

any more than 1 regurge should see a vet really, an exotic/reptile vet at that, keep us posted with progress though
n/a Posted - 06/07/2009 : 09:57:16
thank you very much :) we are going to ring horsebridge today *hugs*
Kehhlyr Posted - 05/07/2009 : 22:51:05
These are the closest I've found, hopefully they may be useful.

http://www.horsebridgevet.co.uk/
or
New Priory Veterinary Practice - Brighton

The Deneway, London Road, Brighton. BN1 8QT.
Tel: 01273-540430 (Fax: 541955) E-mail: vet@prestigeherps.co.uk

Opening Hours: The Practice itself is open seven days a week but the clinics are held Monday to Saturday at 1.00pm, although times and days do vary week to week. Appointments can be made by ringing the New Priory any day between the hours of 8.30am-6pm and the receptionist will make you an appointment between the hours stated above.

Charges: As detailed above in the description of the other clinic.

How To Find Us: The clinic in Brighton is relatively easy to find in that it is only on the Northern outskirts and getting to it does not involve going into Brighton itself. The junction to find is a large roundabout at the bottom of the main A23 at its junction with the A27. If you follow the A23 (London Rd) south from this roundabout towards Brighton you are only half a mile from the Practice. This can be found further down the London Rd. on the right hand side just after the first mini-roundabout you come to. The Practice is sign posted off the main road and the area is called the Deneway. Having turned off the main road, the Practice itself is up a small lane on the right before the railway bridge.
n/a Posted - 05/07/2009 : 11:55:02
yes we need to find one >.< we live in eastbourne so we'll look up one thats closest. his length is about 2 and a half foot. im not sure on his wieght, but when we took him into the shop they said he hadnt lost any wieght D: but i dont think they telling the truth, he looks a little slimer than 5 weeks ago. his heat mat is inside under the substrate.
matty18714 Posted - 05/07/2009 : 11:51:24
Take him to a specilaist exotics vet. Whats the snakes length and weight? Is the heat mat under the viv or inside it?
n/a Posted - 05/07/2009 : 11:46:48
his temp is at 82 - 85, his humidity is 60. he lives in a smale sized vivarium, he's on aspen substrate. the vivarium has a heat mat on one side and a light bulb in the middle, he has a cool side and a warm side. he's being fed small sized pinkies.

and this morning he puked up goo D:
matty18714 Posted - 05/07/2009 : 11:30:23
When you say the temps and the environment was fine, what were they exactly? How are you housing it? What are you heating it with? What is the temperature range? What are you trying to feed him?

If its regurgitating, the shop shouldnt have tried to force feed it. Thats ridiculous.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000