The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Sneaky's not eating... :(

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 01/07/2009 : 19:40:15
Hi there.

Sneaky ate his very first fuzzy on 07/06/09, but he's refused to eat eversince. Is there something wrong with him? I tried to feed him pinkies as well, but he's not eating them neither. What shall I do? I'm getting increasingly worried.

Many thanks for your help.

14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 09/08/2009 : 22:20:14
Well done Sneaky and well done you, Patricia. Its hard staying calm and unstressed when they arent feeding. At least the forum understands and keeps us sane! xxx
lee2308 Posted - 09/08/2009 : 21:21:25
result!!
n/a Posted - 09/08/2009 : 20:16:25
Sneaky's definitely feeling better. He just ate 2 pinkies.
inkiepixie Posted - 29/07/2009 : 14:27:08
Yay Sneaky :D
n/a Posted - 28/07/2009 : 19:53:37
Sneaky just ate his pinky. I am soooo relieved.
HannahB Posted - 20/07/2009 : 21:55:34
quote:
Originally posted by punumbear

lol my biog corns not been eating recently and tongiht he decided to shed in my jacket so think he might be ready for a chick or mouse after weds appt to the vets

sorry to go off topic but he shed in your jacket?!
wow thats well cool haha my lil guy decided to shed for the first time while wrapped around his leaves so the shed got all stuck on that lol daft snake
punumbear Posted - 20/07/2009 : 21:24:56
lol my biog corns not been eating recently and tongiht he decided to shed in my jacket so think he might be ready for a chick or mouse after weds appt to the vets
n/a Posted - 20/07/2009 : 21:17:59
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

maybe dont turn it off, just down a bit. Mines off his food too at the moment, but thats his own silly fault, he can go hungry for a while!

Lol How is it his fault? What has he done? :) Mine stopped eating right after he ate his first fuzzy. The vet recons it might have been a bit too big for him and scared him a litte... :( And that would be my fault...
SexyBear77 Posted - 20/07/2009 : 21:04:32
maybe dont turn it off, just down a bit. Mines off his food too at the moment, but thats his own silly fault, he can go hungry for a while!
n/a Posted - 20/07/2009 : 20:30:20
Sneaky still hasn't eaten, so I took him to the vet on Friday. She checked him all over, and couldn't find anything wrong with him. She fed him liquid food, which he hasn't regurgitated. She advised me to get back to feeding him pinkies every 3 days, and cut them open to make them more appealing. I wanted to try and feed him a pinky today, but I noticed his eyes were all cloudy, so I'm just going to leave him alone until he's done shedding. The vet also told me to switch of the thermostat + heat mat completely at nighttime, as Sneaky might have been to hot in his viv.

What do you guys think?
n/a Posted - 06/07/2009 : 13:15:57
quote:
Originally posted by Patricia

Not really... I moved the hides about a few weeks ago, but that's it. The temperature is between 29 - 31°C... I noticed that he was very active yesterday. He was almost asking to be handled.

is that temp just in your warm end?

My warm end temps are only 27-28...

it might also be the warmer weather we have had...but dont hold me to it..

have tou tried feeding late at night when it is cooler?

how often are you trying with a feed?
cherry-milkshake Posted - 06/07/2009 : 12:27:08
Hey there,

Did you get your snake to feed yet?? Just to let you know, my snow corn has been off her food recently and I couldn't get her to eat for a couple of weeks. Yesterday, when I fed the others she still wasn't interested so I took her out of her tank and put her in a reasonable sized plastic box with a lid (with air holes in obviously) along with the mouse, then took her in a quiet room upstairs, covered the whole box with a towel and left her alone for an hour - hey presto, mouse eaten! Worth a try if you've not already, and good luck
H x
n/a Posted - 01/07/2009 : 19:54:29
Not really... I moved the hides about a few weeks ago, but that's it. The temperature is between 29 - 31°C... I noticed that he was very active yesterday. He was almost asking to be handled.
gingerpony Posted - 01/07/2009 : 19:45:06
any other changes? ie. to his enclosure?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000