The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Lump in tummy about halfway down :(

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
adamczuk Posted - 21/05/2012 : 23:40:24
Hi, had my little Sonny out for a handle about 30mins ago and noticed he was awful pale looking and his bottom end was really pale (so he's obviously due a shed), as I was handling him I noticed a lump, it wasn't much but it was a noticeable protrusion in his bottom. He was fed on Thursday, spent Friday in the warm end and the rest of the time in the cool end as he's an awkward little git! Lol.

Could it be that it's just a small amount of undigested pinkie? I didn't have him out long just in case.

Any help/advice is appreciated. He's about 50cm long and weighed in tonight at 16g(he was 14g last week)
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
QueenVic Posted - 24/05/2012 : 01:12:32
hope its okay, keep us updated!
and nice new sig mamma... it is new isnt it? :s looks different lol
Mamma Posted - 23/05/2012 : 09:48:53
I think its maybe poop too. Has he/she been since eating/digesting? You could make a luke warm very shallow bath for him/her and massage the tummy. This has helped me with a constipated snake before xx
lotabob Posted - 22/05/2012 : 20:04:28
Its very very unlikely that any of the pinkie is still solid after such a long time. it could be that he is due a poop though, before they go you can notice a bit of a chunkier bit all geared up to ruin your girlfriends wooley jumper. They can also hold off going to the toilet when they are shedding and unleash a monster either just before, during or after they actually shed.

Where about was it, underneath on the belly on the side/sides?
adamczuk Posted - 22/05/2012 : 10:41:54
Yeah here is a pic of him on my girlfriends arm...
Georgina Posted - 21/05/2012 : 23:53:45
do you have a pic of him anyway, just out of interest, he seems light for his length xx
Georgina Posted - 21/05/2012 : 23:50:27
it could be, keep and eye on him for a couple of days and if it still there, post a pic up xx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000