The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Quick check up

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
asmodias Posted - 14/05/2012 : 20:29:31
So, I recently acquired my first corn snake who I've named Lucifer. He/she is a lovely Amel corn and whilst it seems that he/she is in fit condition I'd like to double check.

About 6-8 months old. Hides virtually all of the time; I suspect he/she even did this in the store as when I was taking my pick he/she stood out as the calmest one of all.
It adapted quickly to it's new home and adjusted VERY quickly, it ate without problem the day afterwards, It was fed again last week (feeding time tommorow) and ate well once again, yet still hides a lot.
It seems somewhat devoid of any hunting instinct, it doesn't seem to do a lot of searching for food when hungry, I have to grab its attention before it starts hunting for the food, and only eats it when the food is still.
It's perfectly fine and chirpy around me and lively once I get it out of its enclosure and doesn't appear to have any things wrong, although I did notice a few things.

-It doesn't seem to be full of food, like it's still digesting, but from what I can see it hasn't passed any food over 4+ days but that doesn't seem to have affected it at all.
-The point at which its smooth underbelly becomes it's standard scaley-ness feels a bit rough at some points.
-When observing its underside I noticed that one of the rectangles that make up its whole pattern was slightly green compared to the others (very very very slightly green, this one was significantly more)

If anyone has any ideas as to what sort of problems there could be if there are any I'd very much appreciate it.
Thanks

(Will provide pics if needed)
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tordyjo Posted - 15/05/2012 : 07:34:04
definately pics, what morph is your snake, in amels and snows you can see their internal organs which are dark coloured not green. Definately need more info regarding your temps, how often you're offering feeds what size feed etc
smart bunny Posted - 14/05/2012 : 21:33:27
Do the double pinks leave a bump? It may be time to move up to Fuzzies - what is the length/weight?

Snakes take a week or more to digest food - they tend to poop a couple of days after feeding - but that will be from the previous feed.

As above, I would try to get pics of the 'green' - it may just be that the snake is going into shed? The belly scales become cloudy first.
lupi lou Posted - 14/05/2012 : 21:23:00
hiding all the time is perfectly normal for a corn. have a real good look in the viv for poop, look under hides ect. regarding the greeness would be worth posting a pic so every one can have a look at it, will also need to know about your set up, temps and what not. hope this has helped and am sure some one more experianced will be along shortly
asmodias Posted - 14/05/2012 : 21:01:54
"-It doesn't seem to be full of food, like it's still digesting, but from what I can see it hasn't passed any food over 4+ days but that doesn't seem to have affected it at all."
Sorry, a bit tired. He seems to be able to able eat his 2 pinkies a week without a problem and there doesn't appear to be a build up but I haven't seen any poop in his enclosure.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000