The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Non Feeding Adult Male Corn

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dr Lupus Posted - 06/05/2012 : 22:33:13
Hi Guys - long time no speak.

I need some advice on one of our boys. He's suddenly and without warning stopped eating and shows no interest in his food what so ever. In himself he's better than fine and up and down his viv. In and out of his hides, on and off his heat mat and he's even still making daily escape attempts (with no succes I'll add). But he's not eating and it really starting to worry me now and coming here is my last resort before it's a vets job - just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed a simple explaination.

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kdlang Posted - 06/05/2012 : 23:51:25
Did the non feeding start at the time of the heatmat malfunction or after the escape? Or was he like it before? Do his records show him stopping feeding for me last year because I can't remember. I know he was one of my more active snakes.

If he isnt losing any weight I wouldnt worry too much yet. I would just keep an eye on his weight and just try feeding every couple of weeks. When Izzy stopped feeding last year for 22 weeks I found feeding him a much smaller mouse than normal started him going again. You could try dropping him down a size or 2.

Dr Lupus Posted - 06/05/2012 : 23:02:44
Aww that's great news - we were both REALLY worried! Thanks for the advice :D
Georgina Posted - 06/05/2012 : 23:00:11
its perfectly normal for a male of that ages to go that long at this time of year. there is no need to take him to the vet. i would weigh him every feed try, and try him in say 2 or 3 weeks. a lot of people are going through this aswel.

some one else will be along to say the same thing x

you could try a smaller food item, braining, super heating, scenting if you are really worried but as long as he doesnt lose more than 15 percent of his body weight he is fine

xx
Dr Lupus Posted - 06/05/2012 : 22:59:54
He's not lost weight - it's the boy we got from you and he's still th same size as when we got him - he's in a fish tank (a 4ft tank) with a warm and cold hide - we did reently find that his heat mat was amlfunctioning and replaced it traight away with a working one (old one was producing little to no heat) - only onther thing that might be relevent is that he escaped recently and damaged some of his scales but nothing that shouldnt come out in a few sheds.
kdlang Posted - 06/05/2012 : 22:56:38
Has he lost any weight? Chances are it could be down to breeding season. My males have been pretty hit and miss about feeding lately. Just to be sure tho if you could give us set-up details and more info about the snake then we can rule out anything else.
Dr Lupus Posted - 06/05/2012 : 22:55:23
2 months he's not eaten for and he's around 4 1/2 years old
Georgina Posted - 06/05/2012 : 22:34:34
ok, firslty how long has he noth eaten for?
how old is he?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000