The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Going to shed?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Octyman Posted - 27/04/2012 : 15:59:00
I've had my 8 month old corn snake for just over 1 month and he is usually really calm and relaxed, but recently he has gone really dull in colour and is getting really aggressive/skittish when anything moves .. I fed him 22/04 and it was fine but I haven't fed him since he went dull (as he is fed once a week) so I'm not sure if he is off his food. His eyes don't look cloudy, but he's my first snake and he hasn't shed yet so I'm not too sure if his eyes will go cloudy in a few days ... Is he going to shed or is there something wrong with him?!
Thank you!!
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hayden764 Posted - 28/04/2012 : 17:45:52
yes he is going to shed
lotabob Posted - 27/04/2012 : 16:30:08
Everything you said describes the pre shedding process. I don't feed mine when they are shedding either, saves the chance of them refusing it and me having to fry up the mouse for tea because I hate waste.

They go dull, then their eyes cloud over, then they clear completely (though if you look carefully not back to normal), then they strip off, its quite a long process really maybe a week to 2 weeks start to finish.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000