The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 scale question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lupi lou Posted - 24/04/2012 : 20:07:16
hi all,
was handling 8 earlier and noticed the top of his head looks like he's got retained shed? he's not shed recently and his last shed was clean and complete. i can't get a good look at it as he's being unco-oparative! i've also noticed a coulbe of his scales on his body look like they may have slight scale damage? have tried to get some pictures but our camera isn't very good so don't know if they'll be of much use
body:

head:

accomidation info:
heat mat and stat running between 25oc-29.70c digital thermometer and stat prob place on the mat. faun placed 1/3 over the mat. faun has cage carpet, two coconut hides and some greenery. new snake is in quaranteen and 8 is sorted first and hands are washed beween dealing with snakes! all thoughts appreciated! thanks and apologys for the rubbish pics!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
343guiltyspark Posted - 25/04/2012 : 17:01:24
Shedding usually helps with that. Voldemort always rubs his head on his jungle vine. It's nothing to worry about.
lupi lou Posted - 25/04/2012 : 12:53:17
he is about due a shed, its first time his head has looked like that though, usually he gets a pearlesant tinge and his belly checkers go pale, which at the minuet they are still dark. wish the camera was better!! shall i just see what happens once he's shed then?
smart bunny Posted - 25/04/2012 : 09:46:47
Also, he might be getting ready to shed if not done so for a while?
lupi lou Posted - 24/04/2012 : 20:31:20
thanks was getting a bit neurotic!! am i right in thinking that they will clear up when he next sheds?
a33272 Posted - 24/04/2012 : 20:21:17
Can't tell from pics but I'd guess he's just rubbed his head on something whilet nudging stuff to crawl around, an the body scales will be where he's tree going backwards through stuff.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000