The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 is he shedding?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
McLaren90 Posted - 20/04/2012 : 14:10:14
William is not himself

He is just laying still

He is really dull in colour and is being aggressive,

His eyes are slightly cloudy,

I've only had him 6 days and his previous owner told me that he shed about 3 Weeks ago, coming up 4 now.

I'm just worried as I'm new to the whole snake thing.

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
smart bunny Posted - 23/04/2012 : 07:35:26
Obviously... post shed photos are essential... :p
McLaren90 Posted - 22/04/2012 : 08:58:30
Thanks guys his colour is back and he is back to his normal self, his eyes are still a bit cloudy.

We will see what happens in a few days!
smart bunny Posted - 21/04/2012 : 08:38:34
Corno always eats, she was deep in blue the other day but still gobbled her fuzzy down! A lot of snakes won't though, and to be honest if the previous owners have said he won't I probably wouldn't bother trying. Up to you though, worst case scenario you waste a mouse lol! I think the bath idea was for before he sheds in order to help moisten the skin, rather than after ;)
kev 5 Posted - 20/04/2012 : 17:50:03
some will eat some won't,i tend not to feed while there in shed as once it led to 1 of my snakes having a bad shed
343guiltyspark Posted - 20/04/2012 : 17:23:35
Once Falco was blue and we tried feeding him and he ate it (but he is a bit greedy)
Georgina Posted - 20/04/2012 : 15:27:55
You shouldn't need a damp hide if he doesn't normally have one, he can have a bath but not too warm, tepid. Its up to you if you want to feed, one of mine does and one of mine really doesn't x
McLaren90 Posted - 20/04/2012 : 15:21:25
Ok, I've been told he doesn't eat when he sheds, so I don't no whether to offer him food or not? Ill make him a hide and see what he does!

I've also been told he loves a warm bath so once he has shed ill do that?
cobweb251 Posted - 20/04/2012 : 14:25:44
sounds like shedding to me.... in a couple of days he should get his colour back and his eyes will clear then it will be a few more days until he sheds
ScalySituation Posted - 20/04/2012 : 14:12:04
does sound like it :) if you want to you can make a damp hide for him, just get a box with a lid and fashion a door, fill it with damp moss or kitchen roll :)
smart bunny Posted - 20/04/2012 : 14:11:38
Sounds like it - surprising if he only shed 4 weeks ago, but everything you've mentioned points to it.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000