The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 shedding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lloyd david Posted - 19/04/2012 : 17:07:08
My six month old snow corn has shed only some skin. He looks very scaly and talthough he has eaten his pinky today as usual im very worried about him. Last time he just shed almost all in one go .any help please
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 21/04/2012 : 09:43:29
The shed isn't the end of the world, the important bits are the tail tip and eye caps, if you are sure those bits are off then dont panic about the rest, it will either fall off in its own time or be taken off during the next shed. Just remember to increase the humidity as the air being too dry is the common cause of a bad shed
smart bunny Posted - 21/04/2012 : 08:36:17
You should really have left him for at least 48hrs after eating as Mamma said, I hope he is OK and doesn't regurge. It wouldn't have hurt just to leave the retained shed for 1 more day. Glad to hear it is coming off OK, I'd possibly wait until tomorrow to try again though, given the recent feed.
lloyd david Posted - 20/04/2012 : 21:13:06
well we did the warm bath and used exfoliating gloves as suggested.alot more came off and we think it looks alot better than it did,we are going to have another go tomorrow as we did not want to stress him out ......he is such a good boy he lets me do alsorts and is never aggressive or grumpy .....thanks for all your help
343guiltyspark Posted - 19/04/2012 : 17:57:52
My mums snake falco didn't shed his tail and we put some water on it and it came off. Have a look in the tank and see if there is any shed lying around.
Mamma Posted - 19/04/2012 : 17:21:12
leave him for 48 hrs before you try if he has just eaten today xx
lloyd david Posted - 19/04/2012 : 17:20:09
Thanks for that i will try tomorrow just let his dinner go down today cheers
mikeyd_26 Posted - 19/04/2012 : 17:12:06
give him a luke warm bath, then let him slither through wet paper towels in your hand while applying gentle pressure.
hope this helps :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000