The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Problems with shedding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ninja Girl Posted - 14/04/2012 : 21:54:18
Hi,
My snake ether had her shed a while ago and some of her tail still has shed on it and it has gone all black, is this something to be concerned about?? Should I soak her tail in warm water, or would that make it worse?? Please help!!! x
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ninja Girl Posted - 15/04/2012 : 14:53:27
Yeah, her tail is not doing very well, it looks so much better than yesterday though, it will take some time to get better, im hopefully visiting the vet tomorow to see if they can do anything, but her tail is getting better! Abit worried about being shouted at by the vet though :S, but i am taking what has happened as experience and now i know exactley what to do, thanks for the help everyone!
Mamma Posted - 15/04/2012 : 13:50:54
It comes from previous sheds not being removed properly from the tip of the tail. xx
Ninja Girl Posted - 15/04/2012 : 13:04:25
quote:
Originally posted by ScalySituation

Mum bought me some of those exfoliating bath gloves, i use them if sonnys had any difficulty, i get them warm and wet first and he loves it!

Yeah I agree, thanks thats what ill use from now on :)
kev 5 Posted - 14/04/2012 : 22:09:12
quote:
Originally posted by ScalySituation

Mum bought me some of those exfoliating bath gloves, i use them if sonnys had any difficulty, i get them warm and wet first and he loves it!

sounds like a good idea
ScalySituation Posted - 14/04/2012 : 22:07:24
kev 5 Posted - 14/04/2012 : 22:04:34
in the past i've run my snakes tail through a damp cloth.It might depend how long it has been on there,i've only had to do it the day after a shed
Ninja Girl Posted - 14/04/2012 : 22:02:35
Ok thanks, i just did it, shes fine now the tip didnt come off thank goodness! Thanks for the help Georgia! x
Georgina Posted - 14/04/2012 : 21:57:55
i would syggest soak her and then letting her run through a flannel or kitchen roll but nothing do rough. the damage may already be done and you may find that the tip comes off completly but this is normally nothing to worry about x

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000