The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Lump on tial

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
atwood1184 Posted - 29/03/2012 : 18:37:20
We just got a female corn snake about two days ago and she has a lump on her tail. The lump goes farther up on one side then the other we had her at the vet yesterday and they told us it was a fat deposit. Now i believe it could be a fat deposit but what are the chances that is would grow in just the matter of hours. 2 to 3 hrs after we got her it really seemed like it doubled in size i am just asking for experienced advise on whether i should try going to another vet or if that is what it is and if that is what it is what are some steps i can do to get ride of it.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 31/03/2012 : 09:30:55
Wow that is quite a bulge, any change of more of the body from above though? I guess maybe it is a very very fat snake, it kinda looks egg bound though, but some fat snake do have the egg bound apperance, thought if she was egg bound I imagine it would feel firmer than fat. Did the vet tell you to deit her at all?

Does she have tyres like this at her bottom end? http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11891&whichpage=1

If your still in doubt though, a second opionion is never a bad thing
lotabob Posted - 29/03/2012 : 22:52:05
quote:
Originally posted by atwood1184

took her back to drain it and i guess when they got her open

Swelling from this maybe!
atwood1184 Posted - 29/03/2012 : 20:01:21
Sta~ple Posted - 29/03/2012 : 19:53:11
Was it not the way she was laid? I know my chicky fat boy looks fatter in some postions than others. If they maybe tried to drain it maybe it's swelling from that? To be honest I have no diea what to suggest. If it feels kinda soft and squishy then generally it is fat, hard lumps are generally cancer. I have no idea what infections, retained fluid and egg bound feel like though. Only thing I can suggest is to maybe ring them and ask why they changed their mind to fluid and to fat and what could cause the lump tp grow and if your still worried, get her to another vet. I'm not sure what else could cause a lump to grow though.

Did the prvious owners know or say anything about the lump? And how old is the snakes well?

Heres a guid how to post pictures
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14057

I hope you find out soon what it is!
atwood1184 Posted - 29/03/2012 : 18:59:32
They really didn't do any tests they told me it was just a fluid build up at first and took her back to drain it and i guess when they got her open said there was no fluid and all it looked like was fat. i just don't understand if its just fat how did it double in size in just hours.
atwood1184 Posted - 29/03/2012 : 18:56:11
The lump feels like it is a fluid and yes i have a pic but have no clue how to post it on here.
Sta~ple Posted - 29/03/2012 : 18:49:48
What kind of tests did they do? Any chance of pictures? How does the lump feel?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000