The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 should I be worried

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
suz62 Posted - 07/03/2012 : 04:58:24
we adopted an adult corn three weeks ago and he hasn't eaten yet. I know they can go ages without eating but it does concern me, is there anything I should do? He is not used to being handled so I've left him alone to settle in,is there anything I can do to help him settle?
Also
bought a 3-4 month old house snake around the same time 3-4 weeks ago and he hasn't eaten either. Should we brain his pinky or warm it or wait a bit longer. He does drink ok and is very active and very docile but I worry about both of them not eating
Sylvester is 15months old now and he eats anything he can get his fangs on!

Thanks in advance for any replies
S.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mort13 Posted - 07/03/2012 : 19:15:29
Ah,the bad shed could have set the little housie back a bit. Was asking about the temps as although some people keep housies at the smae temp as corns with no issues,a lot of people (including myself) keep them slightly warmer at around 30/31 degrees C.
With your older corn it may be worth covering the viv when you feed him just in case he's feeling a bit insecure. Theres also the possibilty the corns not feeding due to it being breeding season and having girls on his mind.
suz62 Posted - 07/03/2012 : 15:08:40
Hi thanks for the reply. Have checked set ups for both and all okay. Will try warming housies pinkie, unfortunately hand to handle him straight away when we got him as he had a really bad shed and needed help so will leave him be now. Corn was eating in his viv weekly but hasn't since we got him. Will try braining his mouse.

S.
Mort13 Posted - 07/03/2012 : 12:25:43
Do you know if the adult corn was feeding well before you took him on,and how he was previously fed?
Have you been handling the housie? If so I'd stop handling him till he's taken a couple of feeds for you. Also,do you know how he was fed previously ie.in a seperate tun,or in his enclosure? Also whether his pinks were warmed or not?
Also,what are their set ups like size (particularly in the case of the housie,it'll only need a small enclosure),temps wise. Are their set ups statted and do you have digital thermometers to take readings with?
Sorry for all the questions.

I'd be tempted to put a pink on a piece of kitchen towel so he can't swallow any substrate and leave it in the house snakes enclosure overnight and to do the same with the mouse for your adult corn.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000