The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 SOMETHINGS NOT RIGHT.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tnymac Posted - 29/02/2012 : 16:08:10
I HAVE 3 SNAKES & THEY ALL SEEM FINE UNTIL RECENTLY. THE MIDDLE SNAKE, A 3FT MALE SHED ABOUT 10 DAYS AGO & SINCE THEN HE'S BECOME VERY AGGRESSIVE. HE SHAKES HIS TAIL & GOES INTO STRIKE POSITION ANYTIME ANYONE GOES NEAR THE VIV. USUALLY A VERY SHY SNAKE, HE WAS ONLY EVERY SEEN AT NIGHT BUT NOW HE'S OUT CONSTANTLY SLIDING UP & DOWN THE GLASS. I AM REALLY WORRIED THAT HE MIGHT BE SICK OR SOMETHING. I WOULD REALLY LIKE IT IF SOMEONE COULD SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS STRANGE BEHAVIOR
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Katie.Dublin Posted - 29/02/2012 : 19:35:57
quote:
Originally posted by oakleyman18

quote:
shes bigger than him & weighs 300g

This is just about on the limits for what a female corn can handle. If the males not bigger than her then it's not helping matters. Separate them all and just let them calm down.

Agreed
oakleyman18 Posted - 29/02/2012 : 19:34:33
quote:
shes bigger than him & weighs 300g

This is just about on the limits for what a female corn can handle. If the males not bigger than her then it's not helping matters. Separate them all and just let them calm down.
tnymac Posted - 29/02/2012 : 19:16:05
shes bigger than him & weighs 300g. i've bred bearded dragons & have an incubator. I just want to know if my snake's going to be ok
Mamma Posted - 29/02/2012 : 17:52:54
Putting him in with a female cos you think it will solve his restlessness etc isn't the right answer.

How old is the female? what weight? I wouldn't put him in with a female unless you are prepared for the possibility of eggs (IE you have set up an incubator, know what you are doing corn breeding wise etc etc), or if the female isn't old enough and becomes egg bound - that results in (as staple says) costly vet bills. Even in some cases a dead female snake.
Sta~ple Posted - 29/02/2012 : 16:58:53
You thought about putting hom with a female or he's already with a female? No point putting it in with a female unless you want eggs and are prepeared for vet bills.
tnymac Posted - 29/02/2012 : 16:40:11
i did think that & put him in with the female & shes rubbing herself all over him
Mamma Posted - 29/02/2012 : 16:25:57
just now is breeding season. Perhaps hes more feisty because hes horny.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000