The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Feeding?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Miro Posted - 22/02/2012 : 11:16:44
My lovely snake is about to shed. She have been gray and now she has been "clear" a few days. She dosent eat when she is in shedding but now it feels like it has been a long time since she eat anything. Shall try to give her her furry??
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
smart bunny Posted - 24/02/2012 : 08:39:39
is there a link between feeding in blue and not having a complete perfect shed?? just curios coz obviously a bump will stretch the skin which is due to come off and maybe create fault lines almost? sounds daft but just a thought

I did wonder about that as Corno has always fed no matter what and the 1st 2 sheds she had with us were bad. I was thinking about maybe having to stop feeding her whilst in blue for this reason, BUT 3rd time I put a damp hide in, she fed as normal and then had an almost p[erfect shed (only needed help with the tail tip) so I'm reassured now it wasn't the cause of her bad sheds.
Auld Baldy Posted - 23/02/2012 : 17:00:19
Some will eat while blue and some won't. Woody took his normal mouse after clearing and shed the following day.

No harm in skipping a feed until after the shed in future if there have been any issues. You just have to learn from experience if it wants to be left alone and undisturbed.
lupi lou Posted - 23/02/2012 : 16:45:06
the only two ocassions that 8 has had regurges he did come in to blue either one or two days after being fed although if this was a coincidence am not sure?! at the college we don't feed or handle during shedding that was just how i was taught so i guess its just kinda stuck!
Mort13 Posted - 23/02/2012 : 11:50:28
Most of my snakes have fed while in blue at some point as I'm not going to throw their mouse out if I get them out to feed and find they are in blue,although if they don't want to feed then thats fair enough.
I've never had an issue with shedding and never had a regurge. Although if I do know they are in blue then I don't feed them,thats my personal decision. I'd always recommend anyone not to feed though when its their snakes first shed on the chance it could be a snake that has issues with shedding as if you need to help it with shedding following a feed there is a higher chance of a regurge.
Casta Posted - 23/02/2012 : 11:26:37
just curious, could just be my snakes as casta has a had a tendancy to have bad sheds due to a tail injury whilst doing a tarzan impression. is there a link between feeding in blue and not having a complete perfect shed?? just curios coz obviously a bump will stretch the skin which is due to come off and maybe create fault lines almost? sounds daft but just a thought
Okeetee Mick Posted - 22/02/2012 : 21:34:44
Why do you think feeding in blue has anything to do with regurgitation?
Cerian.abbott Posted - 22/02/2012 : 19:09:42
Personal I wish I didn't, I feed my snake in blue and he vomited it up 3 days later, I'm now having to do the regurge protocol :S
Georgina Posted - 22/02/2012 : 11:37:50
Lightning shed on his feed day, but he ate with no prblens deep in blue, he was that deep he bumped into the mouse and it took about 4 stricks to get it. When was the last feed. I think they are normally mega hungry after a shed so waiting a couple more days won't her, nor will feeding. Doesn't really help, sorry x
ScalySituation Posted - 22/02/2012 : 11:32:25
shouldnt be a prob not eating in blue, they probably wouldnt in the wild and they still survive :) its up to you, but its not endangering her health :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000