The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Jake has passed on..

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Starmist Posted - 07/02/2012 : 16:11:07
It's been a long time since I last posted on here and a shame I have to do it on such sad circumstances. I have just walked past Jake's tank in the dining room and realised he has shed. It was expecting as his eyes had misted and we help off food for a couple of days. However when I looked at him closer I noticed his eyes were glazed and not breathing.
I don't handle him much (he went for my toe before) the other half does. I opened the door thinking i was just being silly of course he was alive. Unfortunately not. Now I feel so guilty as I don't know why it has happened? He has been in such good health although we don't know how old he is. He's about four foot long and we've had him for about 18 months. Has this happened to anyone before? Just to put my mind at rest as I feel like it's something i've done! Thanks in advance. Goodbye Jake xxx
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
danny Posted - 13/02/2012 : 21:55:57
Thats almost made my day :)
hillzi Posted - 13/02/2012 : 21:31:57
Run them under cold water that ought to wake them up!
Mort13 Posted - 13/02/2012 : 20:25:19
LMAO!! This has to be one of the funniest threads EVER!! Glad Jake is ok lol
Kez Posted - 11/02/2012 : 22:37:14
Well, you and I both know the truth Baldy, but I'm just trying to be diplomatic
Auld Baldy Posted - 11/02/2012 : 18:29:35
^ What do you mean?? Sometimes!!
Kez Posted - 11/02/2012 : 17:08:23
LOL, men are such simple creatures sometimes
smart bunny Posted - 11/02/2012 : 08:32:06
Stuck him in your bra!! No wonder your OH got jealous!
kdlang Posted - 11/02/2012 : 00:48:25
quote:
Originally posted by nickyff

my daughter had a hamster that had a miracle re-birth, and then got re-named Lazarus, cos after his first 18 months as 'fluffy', one day my daughter found him all cold and still- I stuck him down my bra for 20 minutes,and when he'd got a warm he perked up and went on to live for an unnatural further four years- (almost made it to 6 yo in the end)

the weirdest part of the whole experience tho, was that for weeks afterwards, I kept finding my OH lying about round the house, pretending to be unconscious......
noty boy

You have to give your OH points for trying tho lol
nickyff Posted - 10/02/2012 : 23:55:23
my daughter had a hamster that had a miracle re-birth, and then got re-named Lazarus, cos after his first 18 months as 'fluffy', one day my daughter found him all cold and still- I stuck him down my bra for 20 minutes,and when he'd got a warm he perked up and went on to live for an unnatural further four years- (almost made it to 6 yo in the end)

the weirdest part of the whole experience tho, was that for weeks afterwards, I kept finding my OH lying about round the house, pretending to be unconscious......
noty boy
Starmist Posted - 10/02/2012 : 17:19:21
I couldn't possibly change his name! Gary would hate me! I wanted to originally call him Kaa, but he didn't think that was suitable!
scottishbluebird Posted - 10/02/2012 : 16:16:49
quote:
Originally posted by nickyff

wow- what a range of emotions to go through in one day!! what a relief-

but now you'll have to change his name to Lazarus

You soooo have to change his name! glad i went back for another look at this thread!
smart bunny Posted - 10/02/2012 : 15:43:36
So glad that he is OK!
Starmist Posted - 08/02/2012 : 11:05:27
Thank you for all your replies! I'm glad I caused a source of amusement Lol!! Jake is as lively as ever! After speaking with the other half he was thinking as he had just shed literally seconds before I looked at him he was probably resting! Within 20 minutes the "miracle" happened. Enough time for me to post on here and ring the other half and inform him of the "loss". Never have I felt such relief to see a little snake tongue point at me! an hour later he had his tea and was as right as rain! One of the weirdest hours of my life!!!! I shall post some pictures of him in the next couple of days!! As we think he is possibly a she?! Thank you again!
ScalySituation Posted - 08/02/2012 : 10:18:38
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

quote:
Originally posted by ScalySituation

RIP jake, go find echo to play with

Sorry that really did make me giggle properly lol not just the owner wanting to bury him alive now XD

The miricle post wasnt showing when i wrote that lol
nickyff Posted - 08/02/2012 : 01:53:54
wow- what a range of emotions to go through in one day!! what a relief-

but now you'll have to change his name to Lazarus
sue2012 Posted - 08/02/2012 : 01:34:11
so glade your snake is ok i would be heart broken if i lost one of mine but still u got to have a giggle at the hole story not funny at the time but at leat he is well and ok xx
thistle Posted - 07/02/2012 : 23:29:23
Phew, what a relief! So glad that Jake's not an ex-snake.
Auld Baldy Posted - 07/02/2012 : 23:01:23
Staple, I don't respond to being jabbed either.

Maybe I'm a zombie like Jake!!
Sta~ple Posted - 07/02/2012 : 22:30:26
quote:
Originally posted by kdlang

Scaly have you read all of the other posts lol

So glad he is ok. What a relief for you and well worth feeling a plonker for lol. When one of mine died I actually left him in the tank for 24 hours just to make sure.

I did the same when I had a little hatchie die as I wasn't 100% sure.. I know it sounds stupid but I never saw a snake dead before and the amount of times I poke my adults and they don't always respond or respond that much to being jabbed...
marc_sg Posted - 07/02/2012 : 22:22:33
lol i felt gutted for you. however just woke my oh up coz i was laughing lol. glad to hear u double checked and he's ok

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000