The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Back after missing for a month

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sadie_Hunt Posted - 19/01/2012 : 14:56:38
So as the title says, my snake had been missing for one month. Still no clue how he got out, still working on that glitch.
Anyways, I am going with the assumption he would have had no food or water for a month (thinking worst case), just wondering if he will be okay or will he need checking out?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
purplepeke Posted - 26/01/2012 : 11:07:05
Fantastic news on finding him!!!
One of mine escaped, and like you, i have no idea how, anyway she went missing on 16th Jan, i did the talc, bottle traps etc etc.....nothing, then i read somewhere re putting her feeding rub on the floor, (her viv was already there, just in case), and kept putting a fluff in every other day, still nothing. Exactly a week to the day, on the 23rd, it was a day that the fluff wasn't in....lo and behold, Lola was slithering round the rub, as if to say, come on mum, where's dinner...LOL!!! I cannot tell you how happy i was, i had had the room upside down, so a mystery as to where she was hiding!!
Mort13 Posted - 20/01/2012 : 09:35:42
Aww thats lucky he was found. Not what you expect to find in your kitchen cupboard is it!
Sadie_Hunt Posted - 20/01/2012 : 01:52:06
I had tried the bottle trick but to no avail.
Then the other day my housemate was in the kitchen cupboard cleaning it out and there he was hiding in a corner! We had searched the house top to bottom multiple times so I guess we just got lucky finding him when we did.
thistle Posted - 19/01/2012 : 21:22:43
That's fantastic news! Must have been such a relief to get him back.
Okeetee Mick Posted - 19/01/2012 : 20:47:34
Great news
scottishbluebird Posted - 19/01/2012 : 19:27:36
brilliant! where was he?
stuart619 Posted - 19/01/2012 : 19:08:32
Congrats on getting him back. Just let him get used to his surrounding again before feeding. He will most likely be stressed a little bit after bring caught. Give him the best part of a week (as if a new snake) and then try feeding as normal. How did you find him?
Emmy1 Posted - 19/01/2012 : 15:30:47
Congratulations!! I'm so envious, mines been gone 4 months now!
As above, I'd let him settle and get nice and toasty back in his home with some water before trying to feed. Hope you find out how he got out before the little rascal does it again.
Dancross0 Posted - 19/01/2012 : 15:01:53
Congrats on getting him back!

Best thing to do would be pop him back into his home with some fresh water and leave him be (but keep an eye on him!). As for food, I'd leave him for a few days to settle in before offering something to eat.

I don't think you'll have to have him checked out unless there is something obviously wrong with him. Just keep an eye on him for a few days and see how his first feed back goes...

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000