The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Feeding advice please

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Claire Posted - 09/01/2012 : 20:18:38
Hiya, Ive just joined the forum and it looks really good so I thought i`d ask you guys for some advice.

Im worried my cornsnake Dexter is getting thin. Ive had her just over 2months. I think she is around 4yr old (i rehomed her when her owner moved to Oz) and she is 4ft long.
I currently feed her 1 large mouse once a week. Ive taken some pics so any advice is great.

thanks

Claire

11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Claire Posted - 15/01/2012 : 16:14:42
Thanks guys.

quite embarrassing I was worried she`s thin and im being told shes pork! haha

x Claire x
lotabob Posted - 14/01/2012 : 21:04:40
On the bigger side of normal. Like suggested above it might be an idea to now monitor the weight, she is fully grown so she wont be growing all that much. check her weight gain/loss over a month and it will give you an idea of whether she is holding a steady weight or not and you can adjust the food intake accordingly.
Vince_the_snake Posted - 12/01/2012 : 16:43:41
yeah, she's fine if not a bit on the big side like our Vince!
Red123 Posted - 12/01/2012 : 15:45:38
Looks the same sort of roundness as our Sid and he has been cut down to a medium mouse every fortnight. A little bit porky.
Sta~ple Posted - 10/01/2012 : 08:56:46
Maybe someone needs to be eating their large mice every 2 weeks instead of every week :P
herriotfan Posted - 09/01/2012 : 22:17:52
She's looking good to me.
Simmy_82 Posted - 09/01/2012 : 21:42:23
All sounds good. You can get a decent set of scales on eBay. Just keep feeding as you are an monitor her weight.
Claire Posted - 09/01/2012 : 21:36:40
I dont have scales so need to get a loan of some to see what shes weighing. I was worried she was going a little triangular. I dont think she got out much before but i try to have her out 4-5 nights a week an she has the roam of my spare bedroom when shes out.
SexyBear77 Posted - 09/01/2012 : 21:32:31
Not thin at all!!
Simmy_82 Posted - 09/01/2012 : 21:02:37
Looks ok to me. 1 large mouse 7-10 days is fine. Do you know what weight she is?

Triangle shape = Thin
Loaf of bread shape = Ideal
Round = Fat

EDIT: If you weigh her before you feed her each week you can see of she's losing, gaining or staying the same weight. If she's staying the same each week theres not much to worry about.
ScalySituation Posted - 09/01/2012 : 20:22:42
i'm rlly not sure, if i'd say anthing i'd say shes a bit on the porky side :S better get a more reliable opinion before you take any actions x

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000