The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 moody snake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tona Posted - 16/12/2011 : 21:07:26
I have been worried about my corn snake being really moody with me, i can't really explain his movements when i tried to handle him but it was like he was throwing himself around...

However i just went to try and handle him and found that he had just shed and is now happy and was a lot more friendly when i held him.

I didn't even notice that he was going to shed... his coulours looked the same although now he looked alot brighter, is there an easy way to spot when he is going to shed or just how he acts towards me?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
thistle Posted - 18/12/2011 : 23:51:07
Being in shed is a lot more visible in some snakes than in others. Some go very 'blue', their eyes cloud over and their skins go very dull, my amel looks like someone has covered him with tracing paper, but with others it's barely noticeable. Most snakes tend to stay in their hides while they are in shed (in the wild they are very vulnerable at this time so would find a safe place to hide away in) and are usually not keen on being touched.

They go back to their original colour for a day or two before they shed, so if you haven't seen your snake for a few days so lift the hide to check him and he doesn't look 'blue', it could be that you've just missed that stage of the shed.
LarkaDawg Posted - 17/12/2011 : 13:11:29
Mine all hide away looking sorry for themselves with their blue eyes and dull skin. But once they shed, they're different snakes! None of mine ever refuse a meal, even if they can't see it !
Hissyfit Posted - 17/12/2011 : 12:45:29
I always find they hide away for a few days before their eyes go cloudy, and you never see them out until they eventually shed
mikeyd_26 Posted - 16/12/2011 : 23:22:38
the eyes are normally a good way to tell as they usally go cloudy (sum more than others) another sign can be going off food for that period of time when there due to shed, and as you found out they can be grumpy! :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000