The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 cold snake not drinking

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lauren.Iris Posted - 30/11/2011 : 14:29:40
I have a 12 week old snow that I have had for nearly two weeks.
He eats fine but I've never seen him drinking by himself!

I often pick him up and put his head above his water bowl which often leads to him having a long drink - I'm worrying that he's not drinking when I'm not there; should I keep putting him near his water?

Also, up until the last 3-4 days he spent a lot of time in one of his warm hides, but recently every time I get him out of his tank he's in the colder side and is freezing to touch.

I'm a bit worried about this, can anyone help? Would be much appreciated
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
scottishbluebird Posted - 30/11/2011 : 17:25:29
I am sure that he is drinking, but if it reasures you, and he will drink when you hold him over water, then keep doing it!
Emmy1 Posted - 30/11/2011 : 16:47:23
I've had my hognose for 3 years and not once have I seen him drink, although he must do as sometimes he's curled up in the bowl or has spilt it everywhere!
Simmy_82 Posted - 30/11/2011 : 15:10:26
I have only seen mine drink twice in the 4 months i have had my corn. As long as there is water in its faun/viv and it changed daily/every other day then i am sure he'll be fine. He'll probs be drinking on an night when your sleeping.

Snakes are nearly always cold to touch. They are cold blooded. Only time mine is warm to touch is when she is due a shed as she spends all her time in warm end. So nothing really to worry about there.

When a corn is dehydrated there skin looks very saggy. You dont need to put the snake to water. It will be going there itself.
Kath Posted - 30/11/2011 : 15:08:00
That's ok Lauren. Reason I don't think there's owt to worry about coz of me asking same questions a while ago & being just as worried as u then being reassured by people on here!

Welcome to worrying world of snake keeping!!! But very worthwhile & rewarding! !
ScalySituation Posted - 30/11/2011 : 15:06:41
i've never seen sonny drink in the 2 and a bit months we've had her, all looks fine tho
Lauren.Iris Posted - 30/11/2011 : 15:02:53
Thank you Kath, it's reassuring to know you don't think there's a problem!
Kath Posted - 30/11/2011 : 14:48:51
Hi Lauren, we've only seen Cornelius drinking about four times & we've had him for nearly 7wks. We know he'll be drinking tho coz he doesn't look dehydrated. They'll know water dish is there so it's upto them to drink from it, we can't make them!

Cornelius spends majority of his time in cold side but last couple of weeks, he's been in his warm hide more. Going off what other people say on here, could be down to weather being cooler. He's sometimes cold to touch but I think they always feel a bit cold to us coz they have different body temp (I think!) Again, they know where colder & warm side is & will decide for themselves where to spend most of their time & what's best for them.

I'm sure some other people will come along with more (& right info!) but I hope I've helped you a bit!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000