The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Charlies Tail tip

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Vixyg Posted - 24/07/2011 : 19:23:44
I may be concerned over nothing but i just want to check if there is anything i can do about this. Now the end of charlies tail, just the last couple of mm's feels rough and looks to me like there has been some retained shed in the past although it hasnt turned black, it just feels rough to the touch. As he hasnt shed with me yet im not 100% sure of how he sheds but his previous owner said he sheds fine. If it is retained shed has it been left too long for me to try and remove it or am i best to wait until he does shed and check it then?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Vixyg Posted - 25/07/2011 : 18:51:33
oh well, ive done what i can for now, will keep a close eye on his shedding when he gets round to it. Shame his old owner hadnt noticed it before.
gingerpony Posted - 25/07/2011 : 13:50:20
the OAP corn i rescued has a deformed tail from ongoing shedding issues, it sometimes seems to be more difficult removing stuck shed from that area as a result
Vixyg Posted - 24/07/2011 : 21:22:32
Ive managed to get if off, was really thick so has probably been building up for quite a while. theres a bit of a ridge where it was but the end hasnt gone black or anything so hoping it wont fall off! Will just have to wait and see how he really does shed when he gets round to doing it!
gingerpony Posted - 24/07/2011 : 21:09:35
persevere with soaking it and towelling it off
Spreebok Posted - 24/07/2011 : 19:52:37
Run his tail through some damp kitchen towel, see if anything comes off. I like to apply some pressure when doing this, just seems to make it easier. If nothing, I guess all you can do is wait till the next shed, and see if the tip comes off with the shed. There may be other things, but that's as far as my experience goes!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000