The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 snake not eating !

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kris01 Posted - 23/07/2011 : 11:28:34
hi my 4-6 mounth corn snake is not eating i tried feeding him today he has had no problem eating befor i tried

wigeling the mouse
braining it
and left him in his box with the lid on so it was nice and dark

but no succsess his eyes look a bit cloudy but are not blue
also how often do they shed
i am a first time owner and a bit worred

any help would be apriciated
thanks in advance kris
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kris01 Posted - 30/07/2011 : 16:16:48
he has sheded and had 2 fuzzys the other day no prolem thanks for everyones help
kris01 Posted - 24/07/2011 : 19:32:04
i just hope i can catch him in the procces i will try and get it on vidio and uplode it
tordyjo Posted - 24/07/2011 : 11:33:41
pleased he's going into shed, hope he feeds for you once lovely and shiny and new
kris01 Posted - 24/07/2011 : 09:41:48
panic over he is going into shed
thank for all your replys
tordyjo Posted - 24/07/2011 : 00:13:00
Harry, who's just turning 1 year hadn't fed for 20 days and finally took 2 fuzzies tonight after refusing weekly offerings, i kept an eye on his weight and he lost 4g in this time, hopefully thats his fast over with, but will see next week if he takes food again
miss_mystra Posted - 23/07/2011 : 21:50:32
don't worry too much, it does sound like he's getting ready for shedding time, a lot of snakes go off their food during this time... i guess they feel more vulnerable... or maybe it just put them in a grump!

younger snakes will shed more, as they're growing... a bit like how kids grow out their clothes LOL!

try again in a week, don't try too often (once a week if they're off their food) is fine. the odds are he'll be shed and shiny and ready to eat.. then you know for next time not to worry :) You get to now their odd behaviors and patterns as they grow up :)
stuart619 Posted - 23/07/2011 : 21:16:18
I would leave him another week. Trying to get him to eat may seem like the thing to do but you don't want to stress him out trying to feed him constantly.

Has anything changed in the last week in the setup (temps etc.)?

You should leave him a week to calm down if he is stressed try not to handle and next week try feeding as normal.

If he doesn't eat next week still don't panic but you may want to slightly heat the mouse with a hair dryer improves the smell they give off and may get him going again.

Also as previously said he may be entering shed mode and wont eat.

Good luck and keep us posted

kris01 Posted - 23/07/2011 : 12:44:03
was fead last week i will keep an eye on him
thank for your advise
Fat Paul Posted - 23/07/2011 : 12:10:00
How long since he last ate? If its only a week or so I wouldnt worry too much - He may be due to shed if his eyes are cloudy. Neither of my males will touch food when they're due to shed.

Good luck with him

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000