The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Still not shed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
marlin Posted - 15/07/2011 : 20:13:22
I'm paranoid about my wee snakey!
He is a Jan 2011 hatchling. Just short of 2 foot long and 38g. He is feeding happily (1 fuzzy every 7 days) and poops regularly and seems fine in every way. But.... we have had him for just over 5 weeks and were told he was due a shed when we got him (the last time he shed was 18th May). He has grown about an inch since we had him and put on about 6 grams. We know from reading the info on here that it can be tricky spotting the signs on an amel but we are over analysing every slight mood change (usually imagined) and trying to get a good look at his eyes. We believe he shed ok last time but we'd still like to be prepared. Is it normal for a little un to go so long between sheds?
Thanks for any help!
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
marlin Posted - 31/07/2011 : 22:06:45
Hi again - thanks for that tordyjo. I've been having internet probs and been trying to get back online to respond. We did go for the damp kitchen roll method a couple of days later and the small tip of remaining shed came off fairly easily. Phew! Thankful we have a placid wee beastie who puts up with us interferring but well meaning humans!
tordyjo Posted - 21/07/2011 : 23:39:14
well done kellogg, i'd keep an eye on the bit on the tip of the tail and make sure it comes off, he might need a slither through some damp kitchen roll or towel just to help it come off, don't want any lost tail tips in the future.
marlin Posted - 21/07/2011 : 21:24:44
Yeay! The boy dun good!
While I'm busy reading the forum, Kellogg is climbing out of his skin! One long piece with eyes intact but a tiny piece left on the tip of his tail. He is soooo pleased with himself and very new and colourful looking! And no poop! yipee!
marlin Posted - 21/07/2011 : 19:01:33
I can't! sooo excited! And yet still a bit nervous! C'mon wee baby... get shedding (although I'm not sure we'll be keeping this one - its been a while since he last pooped and I have heard its not unknown for the 2 happenings to coincide?) urgh!
Mort13 Posted - 20/07/2011 : 18:37:37
Ooh sounds like you'll have a nice shiny little snakey very soon! Bet you can't wait.
marlin Posted - 20/07/2011 : 16:09:24
Thanks. It looks as though the little un is now ready to shed. As you said he has been hiding away which is unusual for him as he's normally pretty active in the evening. I went to take him out to feed on Sunday and he definately had cloudy looking eyes and wasn't best pleased. So it was back in the viv without his tea and he's been left alone and in peace. He is back to a normal colour now so hopefully we will be able to have playtime again soon!
Weird how he waited until I had finally got around to getting advice!
lotabob Posted - 15/07/2011 : 23:12:08
There isn't really such a thing as due a shed, they do it whenever they feel like it. I have tried to work out a rythmn with my lot but no such luck, the only sure fire way to know if a shed is on its way is when they go blue, then for sure one will. happen soon. Some wont even let you know its coming, amels can be harder to spot but not impossible and they usually hide away constantly for a few days, I can normally tell Spot is sheding because he disappears I dont see him out though he is Anery and they are obvious when they go blue.
marlin Posted - 15/07/2011 : 20:41:40
Thanks - I guess he just likes the skin he's in!
gingerpony Posted - 15/07/2011 : 20:29:28
it all sounds normal to me, though not worrying is easier said than done

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000