The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Worried owner

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Hiss01 Posted - 13/07/2011 : 15:41:46
Hi guy's i had to leave hiss at home over the weekend as I had to go away. I've come back and she seems very sluggish not really moving around the tank. Her eyes have glazed over gone a kind of cloudy blue colour and she's very dull looking so I think she's shedding. Is there anything I can put in the tank to make her more comfortable?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Emmy1 Posted - 13/07/2011 : 18:29:18
My snake looks a little glum when she goes through the shedding process. Don't worry, once she busts out that skin, she'll perk up.
Ashma Posted - 13/07/2011 : 15:48:21
If her eyes are blue then she's shedding and theres nothing to worry about :)
If you want to make things more comfortable for her, some sphagnum moss in one of her hides to slightly increase the humidity will help her to shed more easily.

Although in saying that, all my snakes shed in one piece, unassisted, every time.

In all, I would say not to worry as its a completely natural process that won't distress her :)

Hope this helps
gmac Posted - 13/07/2011 : 15:46:18
I would just leave her alone, unless she has a history of poor shedding if so I would add damp moss hide but if she has shed well before just do nothing.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000