The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Putting back in viv after feed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Spindle Posted - 01/07/2011 : 11:45:09
Hi guys, I fed my snake last thursday (she has been a great feeder since the day I got her). I normally feed her in a faun which has a hatch at the top and when shes done i open the hatch and try to let her make her own way back into the viv whilst I am holding the faun.

She was so close to escaping last time though due to her finding a gap between the hatch in the faun and the space between that hatch and the viv, this really panicked me as I didnt want to grab her so soon after a feed. I am due to feed her again tonight or tomorrow and was wondering how many people handle their snake to put them back after a feed and what is the best way to do it?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Spindle Posted - 03/07/2011 : 10:32:18
@staple

I think thats exactly what they were to be honest. I couldnt see any on her last night
Sta~ple Posted - 02/07/2011 : 15:16:47
What substrate and was the bag open? I sometimes find a few black specs in my water bowl sometimes and they are bits of dirt from teh bedding the snakes has dragged in.
Spindle Posted - 02/07/2011 : 14:38:43
Thanks guys. I found a black dot in the waterbowl last night so I think she might have mites now. I bought some substrate from a reptile shop in croydon and didnt bake it so it may be from that. Will start oil treatment tonight if thats the case
Toki Posted - 02/07/2011 : 13:27:23
Hi ya,
Yeak mine are fed out the viv too in a RUB.
My corn's fine, just pick her up gently and put her back in viv.
Hognose was pretty much the same :). No problems at all.

My king however, is a demon. We have to let him come out the viv completly (he's very viv defensive), then put him in RUB, when he's eaten let him come out RUB totally, then pick him up and get him in the viv as fast and as gently as possible - as he's still in the mode of anything that's warm (like a hand) is food. Have to let him out the RUB first becuase anything he's been in for more than ten seconds is his, and god help you if you want to go in it. Including my jacket sleeve the other day which I'd forgotten was on the bed when I let him out ... lol.
Spreebok Posted - 01/07/2011 : 19:10:52
Just be sure not the squish the belly when you do, I usually hook mine up by about and 1" or 2" away from the bump, and if it's nearby, the neck as well, and no issues yet :)
Spindle Posted - 01/07/2011 : 13:44:23
Thnaks guys, will try this technique next time
Sta~ple Posted - 01/07/2011 : 13:27:58
I lifted mine back in like g :) I can do the corns straight away but I have to leave my king for half an hour or I get bit so if your worries about getting bitten you could leave them in the feeding tub for a while :)
gmac Posted - 01/07/2011 : 13:20:18
My kings are also fed outwith the viv and they get lifted back in same as the others. And kings associate, well everything, with eating and not had bites from wither king. Yet
Spindle Posted - 01/07/2011 : 13:12:34
Thanks Gmac. I am a bit worried that if I try to do that she may bite me as she is only ever in that faun for feeding and I think thats all shes associates it with
gmac Posted - 01/07/2011 : 12:28:35
I feed most of mine out of the viv, and just lift them out of the rub and place them gently back into the vivs.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000