The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 please help

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mkmattyk Posted - 28/06/2011 : 23:42:51
my corn has regurg again not in sucession but its the second time he has done it. background info. he is around 1ft to 18inch long and is eating 1 pinkie every 7days, hes in a large flat plastic viv 2 hides,and a fake plant, with a hydrometer in the middle and a thermometer at the hotter side, hes done it before and i was told to leave him a week and try him again, and he took it fine after that. That was 3 or so weeks ago. (so only 1 feed between) Now on the sunday just gone we fed him (in a different tub) 1pinkie and tonight just went to say good night (sad, i know, get told that all the time) and notice THE SMELL!!! checked his viv and sure enough a regurg pinkie with a bit of poo near by should i worry??? i cant tell if im doing anything wrong maybe someone would be able to help
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mkmattyk Posted - 30/06/2011 : 07:58:05
the temp goes between 82-87f not sure of cold end dont have thermometer at that end. do you think it might be cause he might be going into shed???
mikeyd_26 Posted - 29/06/2011 : 23:31:49
wot tempreture is the hot end? do you have a thermostat to control the temps? also if your snakie is regurging leave it a good ten days between feeds as this will allow time for the stomach juices to settle. :)
mkmattyk Posted - 29/06/2011 : 22:03:56
so heres and update!!! mikes tail colours seem to be darker which not out of the ordinary but on inspection his underneath is like a shiney sticker, its hard to explain, like those metalic shiney stickers you used to get in football stickers, not really noticed but is this ordinary??
tarotpodge Posted - 29/06/2011 : 10:31:35
i feel your pain...having the same problem with Savanna at the mo. The same set up as Indiana(my other baby). same temps, same hides in the same place, in the same room(seperate vivs).its so frustrating. The only differance is Savanna is slightly smaller and a tad more nervous so for the last week have kept her faun covered with a pillow case. Although she did shed a few days after her last regurge so put it down to that. Fingers crossed her current feed has stayed down but left her well alone except for checking temp and water changes every few days.
Sta~ple Posted - 29/06/2011 : 09:23:33
Hair dryer is fine to use to warm up, only way I can seem to get one of mine to feed. The white spots are freezer burn, I have never seen a pinky without freezer burn so they are safe :)

Are his temps ok? How long have you had him? Is he in a busy area of the house? How long are you leaving him to feed after the regurges?
MightyMouse Posted - 29/06/2011 : 07:12:30
I sit my mouse on the work top for a good few hours an feed it room temp. Dont wanna be making any hot spots with the hair dryer.
mkmattyk Posted - 28/06/2011 : 23:54:02
i defrost the pinkie with luke warm water and use my partners hair dryer to warm them up.

just thought, not all the time but some of the pinkies have one or two tiny white spots on them, could this be the cause???

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000