The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 non feeder

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Paul82 Posted - 25/06/2011 : 20:49:36
How do u get a non feeding hachling to eat, its 10 weeks old and never eaten

I kno i mite have to force feed but how do i go about it.

plz any help would be grate. thanx
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HannahB Posted - 27/06/2011 : 14:44:52
my aura didn't feed on her own for 7months - I had to feed her by hand half a pinkie every 5days after waiting for her to feed for herself for aaages.. having forced her to eat something for 4months I really don't ever want to do it ever again, too stressful for her and stressful for me too..

some just don't eat for ages, eventually all it took for aura to feed was me blowing the pinkie with the hair-drier while she was near it!
eeji Posted - 26/06/2011 : 18:47:50
try a boiled (and still warm) pinky, I've had good success with that :)
mikerichards Posted - 26/06/2011 : 00:41:40
assist feeding is very different to force feeding, very different. I have force fed a baby corn and its damn hard to do, you are better off using a pinky pump than trying to force feed.
there are many many things you can do before hand, live feeding a baby corn is unlikely to work, having tried it myself, and even if it does, i dont like doing it as the snake wont kill it first.
if you cant get it to feed, then a vets is the best bet for a syringe feeding.
lotabob Posted - 26/06/2011 : 00:26:48
Woah sorry I wasn't clear in my post, I wasn't recommending assist feeding as the next step either, just pointing out that force feeding is an absolute last resort.

On a slight other note I actually watched an assist feed today, it was actually very gently done and the snake didn't appear distressed at all. I was surprised by how easy he made it look, still I wouldn't want to try it without supervision.

What have you tried and how?
gingerpony Posted - 25/06/2011 : 22:08:21
wouldn't recommend an assist feed, more likely to try live before that! but there's plenty of options to try out first
gmac Posted - 25/06/2011 : 21:01:34
use this thread and try feeding in the order it is on the list, is better not taking shortcuts

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3720
lotabob Posted - 25/06/2011 : 20:59:09
If you've never done it before you need to contact a breeder or reptile shop in your area and watch how to ASSIST feed a hatchling, force feeding is something different.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000