The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Very Active but not Feeding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
liv_waddington Posted - 23/06/2011 : 13:39:48
Hi, my feamil corn snake was very active when i went to feed her on Tuesday, as son as i opend the tank she wanted out and was really fast, she usualy comes up to the door nosies around and goes back in when i distract her with the mouse.

but on Tuesday she was not interested in the mouse at all, she just wanted out of the tank, i left the mouse on her hide like i sometimes do (she the eats it in her own time) but she hasnt taken it.

Any suggestions?

is she alright?

Worried Mother of Butters
Olivia
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mort13 Posted - 25/06/2011 : 10:42:26
Theres the chance she could be a he. My males,Falcor especially are always roaming around and glass dancing and they are only just turning 1 year.
It may be worth you're while putting a box with some moss in her viv though just incase she does lay eggs. Its not unheard of for unmated females to lay slugs (unfertilized eggs).
Diesel1994 Posted - 25/06/2011 : 00:05:17
just because you havent bred her, doesnt mean no chance of eggs, i dont know but maybe yours is an early starter, ive seen snakes quite young lay a clutch of infertile eggs
liv_waddington Posted - 24/06/2011 : 14:58:12
I hope the shop i got her to were good enough to sex her correctly. she is constently climbing the glass doors following everyone around who passes, she has never been this active, she is not in Blue let but it has been a few weeks since she last shead though this is compleatly different behaviour.
I have not Bred her so no chance of eggs.

the tank was potentially too hot with being sat in direct sunlight for a few hours a day and we have actually had some sun the last couple of weeks, so i have made sure the cutrain is drawn to prevent this.

any other suggestions?
tordyjo Posted - 24/06/2011 : 07:26:12
looking at the picture of butters - she looks too small for eggs?? mine refused two feeds this last month i've put it down to him shedding as soon as he shed he took the fuzzies, don't offer again till her next feed is due and see if she takes that
lotabob Posted - 23/06/2011 : 22:30:13
quote:
Originally posted by Diesel1994

hi, maybe she is going to lay a clutch? i know it is unlikely but a second clutch may me just around the corner if shes already had one, have you checked for eggs just to rule it out?

You know something we dont? At 2 years old it shouldn't be old enough to breed. Though breeding might be on the mind. Is it confirmed female?
Diesel1994 Posted - 23/06/2011 : 22:15:32
hi, maybe she is going to lay a clutch? i know it is unlikely but a second clutch may me just around the corner if shes already had one, have you checked for eggs just to rule it out?
Vixyg Posted - 23/06/2011 : 16:03:17
Maybe she is getting ready to shed? from what i have read some snakes arent interested in food when they are in blue and their temperament changes. mine hasnt gone off her food, but from what ive been told a lot do.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000