The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 any tips!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mkmattyk Posted - 21/06/2011 : 21:58:45
heres the background... i bought my little mikey about 6 weeks ago not 100% what age but he reaching about a foot in lenght, now heres been on 1 pinkie a every saturday, but hes under weight i know this beacause 1. he hasnt shed with me yet and 2. instead of being rounded i can see his body come to a point, and this last week i tried to feed him last wednesday but he wouldnt have anything to do with it so i left him till sat and sure enough him fed just like normal, any tips to get him to "normal weight". Im not upset but dissapointed with myself for not seeing this earlier can anyone help
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gmac Posted - 24/06/2011 : 23:13:14
if we were your friends on facebook it would
mkmattyk Posted - 24/06/2011 : 22:12:36
sorry for the late reply i think this pic might work
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=9291461&id=615540699
lotabob Posted - 22/06/2011 : 20:30:20
1) Shedding has nothing to do with been underweight.
2) Corn snakes aren't rounded, they are flat bottomed, straight sided and curved over the top with a line where their spine is. Some say loaf of bread, I say turn the letter 'U' upside down and thats what they look like in profile. Underweight snakes are an upside down 'V' shape or toblerone shaped.

There is no such thing as a normal weight or size, they really are all different, as long as the snake isn't fat or thin its fine. As above though if you are still worried post a few pictures and I'm sure we'll soon chip in with what we think lol.
gingerpony Posted - 22/06/2011 : 13:34:50
doesn'''t sound underfed if it one of this years babies......pics help
HannahB Posted - 21/06/2011 : 22:59:08
maybe post some pictures to see if others agree that he's underweight?
tbh you could increase his feeding to every 5/6 days BUT feeding too much too quick can be damaging as corns aren't meant to be constantly digesting something, maybe get some bigger pinkies or try one larger pink and one smaller or two small pinkies and go from there?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000