The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 wheezing ??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
monalisa70 Posted - 15/06/2011 : 13:31:33
When changing Sabers water today i noticed that she was whezzing slightly i picked her up for the first time since getting her.

The noise soon stopped and i put her back in her viv.
she is 18 months,her weight is 259g,her viv temps are 29c hot end 21 cool end she last fed on 7/6/11 (medium mouse)
She is in blue at the moment

Does anyone know what could be wrong???
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
monalisa70 Posted - 27/06/2011 : 15:26:53
well she has shed, and i havn't noticed the noise anymore but will keep an ear out in case of an RI infection.(she hasn't lost her appetite,she'd eat everyday if she could lol)
mikerichards Posted - 26/06/2011 : 23:51:06
quote:
Originally posted by Diesel1994

maybe a gastroentoritic infection, if it stops feeding, then go to a vet and get a wide spectrum anti-biotic, should clear it up

no such thing as gastroentoritic, you mean gastrointestinal, or gastroenteritis, which is the stomach and intestines, absolutely nothing to do with stomach, or anything gastrointestinal.

potentially a respiritory infection, the easiest way to clear an RI in corns is to up the temps to about 32. Broad spectrum antibiotics can help, most likely it will be oral baytril or marbocyl injection.

However, before going down that road, see what happens after he has shed
Diesel1994 Posted - 26/06/2011 : 18:33:52
maybe a gastroentoritic infection, if it stops feeding, then go to a vet and get a wide spectrum anti-biotic, should clear it up
Sta~ple Posted - 16/06/2011 : 09:06:54
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

if she's in blue it could be a little piece of shed skin rattling around her nasal passages making the 'wheeze'

I have to agree with GP. My big guy wheezes and huffs and puffs due to this, and one of my other sneezes a bit.
lotabob Posted - 15/06/2011 : 21:58:26
quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

his hissing sounds more like a cat farting! LMAO

PMSL!
Mamma Posted - 15/06/2011 : 14:14:18
Griffin gets wheezy when hes in blue. At 1st I was panicing cos I thought he had something wrong. But he was fine AAlso there was the possibility that the wheezy sound was Griffin's pathetic hissing He may be a big boy, but his hissing sounds more like a cat farting! LMAO
monalisa70 Posted - 15/06/2011 : 14:10:18
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

if she's in blue it could be a little piece of shed skin rattling around her nasal passages making the 'wheeze'

Okay i will keep a good eye on her and see if it clears up.
Probably overreacting thanks for the help.
monalisa70 Posted - 15/06/2011 : 14:07:56
nope she has never hissed at me before, i dont think she was shocked as she always watches me when i change water and i've been sure not to make any sudden movements as she is in blue.
gingerpony Posted - 15/06/2011 : 14:01:48
Laws Posted - 15/06/2011 : 13:46:59
has she ever hissed at u before ? it could have been that if shes in shed ? their eye sights very poor and she could have been abit shocked ?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000