The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Strange resting position

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
frenchfamily1 Posted - 31/05/2011 : 09:46:07
Hi, I'm new on here and would love any ideas on my corn's sudden resting pose.
Vincent is 3 years old, male, lives in a 4ft viv which has a heat pad, lighting, vents and a cool area in his cave or plant pot. Vince is very friendly and calm although this spring he started the typical behaviour of males wanting to mate ! This has now subsided and he is eating mice again , however, the last two days he hasn't curled up or laid in a staight line, he is bent in many " s " curves like a swiggly line from head to tail . It's as if he is tense the whole time. Any ideas ? never seen him lay like that before . Thanks guys, Jan
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
frenchfamily1 Posted - 04/06/2011 : 20:03:16
Thanks for the thoughts you guys, actually, I think it was aggressive behaviour for some reason. I decided to feed Vince two mice and for the first time ever, he struck . It was so quick ! It is as if he is defending his viv . Sorry for the question but it may be because I have been away for a month and Vince was looked after by my husband . Do they forget you ? He is acting more like his usual self now but does the same pose when I open the viv to change his water and is now reluctant to be picked up .
lotabob Posted - 01/06/2011 : 20:28:29
Ahhhh I get ya, cheers.
gingerpony Posted - 01/06/2011 : 20:20:44
if 'he' was really a 'she' the lumps/bumps could be eggs about to be laid....
lotabob Posted - 01/06/2011 : 19:38:52
I'm intrigued as to where you were going with your question GP, as OP hasn't come back to it could you be so kind as to explain it for me Thank you.
gingerpony Posted - 31/05/2011 : 18:29:12
is 'he' definitely a 'he'?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000