The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Griffin still not eating.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mamma Posted - 27/05/2011 : 17:59:52
So this weill be week 4 of him being with me. And once again hes not interested in his feeds. One week granted its because he was in shed.

I went to stictlys here in Dundee. Got more feeds for the snakes, and got Griffin some rat weaners. I had read on here that sometimes offering an adult corn a weaner can entice them into eating. But no. He wasnt interested. I brained it. Even sliced it and hes now still in the feeding viv, back ontop of the heatmat etc and I have covered him over completely.

I left him in the feeding one as previously I had left his feed in overnight in his hide but he didnt want. So I figured if there was nothing else in there with him he might be more tempted.

The guy in strictlys said that for an adult corn to not eat for a few weeks, esp after a shed, there must be something wrong. He asked me about brianing, heating with hairdryer, scenting it with tuna etc. I said yes to all of the above. He looked at me funny and advised that not many people knew about the tuna thing. (I did that a couple of weeks ago and he still refused)

He told me weaners would more than likely work as there is a distinct difference in smell between a mouse and a rat. (He said he could smell the difference and would go as far as to say he could actually smell the difference between a white and brown mouse...

Im not worried about weight loss as he is a big lad. And a few weeks of not eating is not going to do him any harm.

I guess Im really looking for some reassurance that Im doing things right and also that he is ok, as I thought that he would b ok etc, but the guy in strictlys was adament something must be wrong with him (and for it being a pet shop there are people on TCS who have said they actually like the strictlys here in dundee).
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mamma Posted - 27/05/2011 : 18:01:30
oh he also told me to rub the fresh shed onto a feed from another snake as this would make him eat them too?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000