The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 BRB shed and eye issues

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
snowstripe420 Posted - 14/05/2011 : 20:20:54
Thought id post on here instead of making an account in the BRB forum. I didnt buy the BRB at the pet shop but the lady there wants help with its eye issue. heres a pic. any ideas would be help full! very sad..

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
snowstripe420 Posted - 16/05/2011 : 20:53:28
Its a woman, and her 3 kids ( all younger than me) running the shop. She bought the shop last year. Prior owners were absolutly AWFUL! so i guess its a step up. she takes care of her corns ok. just doesnt have thermostats or themometers....most basic of basic
lotabob Posted - 16/05/2011 : 20:50:27
Shops don't spend money unless they absolutely have to. A good shop will but then again a good shop wouldn't need to as they'd be able to deal with a fairly simple issue of a retained eyecap before it gets to the problem stage.
snowstripe420 Posted - 16/05/2011 : 20:09:33
Talked to the owner on the phone today. She said she talked to some 'people with experience" and they told her he is fine :S! They said wait for him to shed (hes blue) and see what happens. (they also said they dont think the eye is swollen) (haha). I am definitly not going to be buying my boa from there, but would like to see what happens to this little guy. I told her i would go in on thursday and check him out. I cant believe she said she is holding out on the vet untill after it sheds.... Worth loosing an eye over??? I dont think so.
stotty01 Posted - 15/05/2011 : 11:59:35
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BpSoHhsHGU already pasted this but here you go :)
snowstripe420 Posted - 14/05/2011 : 21:51:32
Ill be going back in monday. She let us give him a bath. Ill make sure it gets help. only snake in there in bad condition there atm. she said she would give him to me hella cheap and pay vet bill.
lotabob Posted - 14/05/2011 : 21:47:42
If she doesn't/can't take care of it properly she needs to hand it over to someone who can ASAP, she won't make any money out of it in that state and it will cost money to put right most likely so I hope she puts it up for rescue ASAP.
Invalid User Posted - 14/05/2011 : 21:08:03
Sounds like a 'not so great' shop. :(

If they don't know how to look after a brb and are not keeping track of temps and humidity, what are they doing selling/keeping one?

Tell her to get it to a vet asap and then sort out her shop!
josh9961 Posted - 14/05/2011 : 20:36:33
Sounds like an RI amongst other things, that looks like a very sick snake to me!
snowstripe420 Posted - 14/05/2011 : 20:23:56
The eye on the right is grey and very swollen. Nostrils seem clogged, and he makes a weird "psst" noice every 2 mins. Sounds like he is struggling to breathe. She doesnt know the humidity, or temps in the enclosures. I told her to get to the vet. She is looking into it and going to get back to me.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000