The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Dry Patch??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
scar2003snake Posted - 27/04/2011 : 20:32:32
Hi, this is scar, he had a little dry patch on his head last week and shed yesterday. Its still there..what is it??

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 28/04/2011 : 08:33:09
looks like he's damaged his head and nose from ?rubbing? ?trying to find an escape route?

it should shed out in time
scar2003snake Posted - 28/04/2011 : 07:58:13
Its dimpled, im sure he had it before and it went, maybe its just irritated.His skin all came off, even the skin was dimpled....ill keep an eye on it anyways, thanks guys
lotabob Posted - 28/04/2011 : 01:19:19
Doesn't look like retained shed to me, Does it feel dry and flaky or just dimpled. To me it looks like dimpled scales, possibly related to the scar on the nose. Its possible the wound was deeper on the part that is still visibly scarred but the odd scale was able to heal and thats just what your left with.
Spreebok Posted - 27/04/2011 : 23:56:47
Bit of retained shed maybe? Did you check the actual shed to see if there were any bits missing?
I'm no expert, but if it is retained shed, I'd pop him in a little tub with some shallow, warm water (not cold, not hot, maybe hotend temp?) and pop the lid on. With any luck he'll dip his head under a bit on his own accord, and loosen it up. Then you can rub it off! It's what I do with Lister, works a treat! :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000