The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 He didn't eat

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alyson19802 Posted - 25/04/2011 : 09:05:04
Morning all ;-)
Bailey finally came out of his cold yesterday when I put his dinner in and was really active exploring before finally settling himself in his warm hide
However he didn't eat I am going to leave it in there for a while longer as it's not been the full 24 hours yet....
He is due a shed soon according to the shop but as he snow and its my 1st shed with him I can't really tell..
How long should I wait until I try again as I do really want to start holding him soon..
All his temps look good between 28.8 and 29.1 hot end his viv has 3 covered sides.
He has two hides either end and some foliage and a tree...
He doesn't seem to be drinking either although I am hoping he is out at night when its quiet
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
centricmalteser2 Posted - 28/04/2011 : 03:56:55
I would suggest that it is down to the shedding.

Although his feed may be due, what I do is, I wait until mine has completely shed, then wait a couple of days and then feed, and start her schedule from that day.

For example, Sat is say feeding day, but Bruge is in shedding mode,

She finished shedding say on a Tuesday, I wait until Thursday before feeding, and if I'm weekly it be the next Thursday and so on.

Wait until he has shed completely, give him a few days before retrying with the food, as continous attempts can cause him to stress and freak out, which means he will refuse again.

Hope this helps
Alyson19802 Posted - 27/04/2011 : 12:49:39
I am going to try again tonight and hide it in his cold hide and see if that entices him I am getting very impatient lol
lotabob Posted - 26/04/2011 : 17:58:13
I would personally wait. It won't be long, corns are greedy monsters.
Alyson19802 Posted - 26/04/2011 : 14:02:17
Can I hold him while I wait for him to eat as the guy at the shop never specified
Invalid User Posted - 25/04/2011 : 22:10:50
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

OK its not unusual for them to not eat while they are settling in but just to check, how are you heating the viv? Do you use digital thermometers to measure the temperatures? Are you using a thermostat?

With readings of 28.8 and 29.1 I'm pretty sure it will be a digital one.

As already said don't worry just yet, give it a bit more time

***sig removed please see http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15428 for more info

Done!!
reptiledanny Posted - 25/04/2011 : 21:59:56
quote:

OK its not unusual for them to not eat while they are settling in but just to check, how are you heating the viv? Do you use digital thermometers to measure the temperatures? Are you using a thermostat?

is prob because of the shed, some snakes will eat during shed and some want, just try again in 7 days, or however big intervals you plan to feed, and hopefully he/she should eat next time
Alyson19802 Posted - 25/04/2011 : 18:33:49
Thanks everyone I would be lost without the advice on here
I'll hang tight for a while longer and maybe try him again next weekend
his tummy may rule his head then lol
lotabob Posted - 25/04/2011 : 15:33:24
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

Good point
Invalid User Posted - 25/04/2011 : 14:22:28
quote:

As already said don't worry just yet, give it a bit more time

***sig removed please see http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15428 for more info
gingerpony Posted - 25/04/2011 : 14:01:56
set up sounds fine, thouhg he's not had much time to settle in, i wouldn't worry, just sit tight!
lotabob Posted - 25/04/2011 : 12:05:38
Alyson19802 Posted - 25/04/2011 : 12:02:35
quote:

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15687

The top one in particular, how long have you had it?

have had him since Thurs the guy in the shop said he was due a feed in a couple of days
he is five years old I believe I don't know how to upload a pic at the moment
lotabob Posted - 25/04/2011 : 11:36:52
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15687

The top one in particular, how long have you had it?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000