The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 A little bit worried about Custard.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ozziesmum Posted - 25/04/2011 : 08:54:02
Morning all, I might be worrying over nothing but would like to ask for advice please to put my mind at rest. Custard is normally very quiet and tends to stay hidden away in her hides most of the time but for the last 5 days she hasn't moved out of the cold end hide, she was fed on the Sunday and spent the next 2 days in the warm hide which is usual for her so yesterday I fed her but she went straight back to the cold end so I left her until I went to bed about 4 hours later and she was still there so I decided to remove the cold hide hoping she would move over to the warm end during the night to digest her food but this morning she was in exactly the same place so I have now removed the plants out of the corner as well and gently coaxed her over to the warm end. The warm end temps are between 28 - 29.5 and the cold end range from 20 during the night but rise to 24 during the day with the weather being so hot. Any advice please as I'm really worried about her now.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ozziesmum Posted - 25/04/2011 : 21:01:17
Thanks gingerpony, I've turned the temp down and she seems quite settled in there now :).
gingerpony Posted - 25/04/2011 : 13:59:49
try turning the stat down a degree, some just prefer it a little cooler and your current temps are on the higher side of what's recommended
also, make sure the hides are both as appealing as each other....for example, if one gets the afternoon sun streaming in through the hide entrance it might not be as appealing as a hide that's dark with the entrance facing the side or back of the viv
ozziesmum Posted - 25/04/2011 : 11:49:34
Thank you lotabob I didn't physically move her I just moved the hide and plants out and gave her a very gentle nudge and she moved into the warm end once she moved over I put the hide and plants back in so she still has the choice to move back again if she wants to.
lotabob Posted - 25/04/2011 : 11:34:46
All you have to do is provide the right temperature gradient and hides at those different temperatures. They will decide whether they are too hot or too cold themselves. It quite warm at the moment so its likely it was warm enough in the cold end to digest or she'd have moved. Moving them or restricting their ability to regulate their temperature is asking for trouble however good your intentions.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000