The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 stressed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tera Posted - 14/04/2011 : 17:42:32
i have a lovely 16 month old corn snake,she is great eater,very pleasant when getting handled, she gets took out every day apart from when feeding or shedding, she is very active, but i have noticed that she is always trying to get out her tank, she is nosing at the glass all the time,at the point where the glass over laps, this is my second snake, my first snake never did anything like this, i know all snakes are different,my first snake wasnt well either she had to be put to sleep, i think maybe its just cause am not used to it,

any help with will be great thanks
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 15/04/2011 : 13:53:21
what is 'the right temp' that your viv is at?
as far as i can see from your pic there's not actually anywhere for the snake to get warm or thermoregulate
gmac Posted - 15/04/2011 : 13:34:00
if your mat is statted then no it will not burn him, are you using a stat and what are you using to measure temps in the housing?,

edit where are you taking the temps from?
tera Posted - 15/04/2011 : 13:28:12
will it not burn her if her lays on top of the heat matt too long?, the pet store i go to said it could if she was to do this, the heat within my viv is always reading the right temp
kdlang Posted - 15/04/2011 : 13:20:30
Love the way she is going over the bridge. She is lovely
gingerpony Posted - 15/04/2011 : 08:37:04
my first thoughts when i saw the pic too, the heatmat is neither use nor ornament on the side of the viv
gmac Posted - 15/04/2011 : 00:26:19
I am assuming your heat source for your corn is the heatmat along the back wall. Heatmats are contact heaters and as such perform better on the base of the vivarium. Your heatmat just now is wasting power and wont really be giving you the best gradient required for your corn. I would suggest you take the mat from the back wall and place it on the base of the viv for best results.

and a very nice corn you have.
tera Posted - 14/04/2011 : 23:20:36
thank you, i have moved she her viv about inside, placing more of it at the glass, has seemed to stop her from doing it, think it was stressing me out more than her :)
gingerpony Posted - 14/04/2011 : 19:25:10
heya and welcome and sorry to hear about your first snake

your new snake has found the 'weak point' in the viv, try blocking it off with a piece of cardboard wedged in the gap to make it less appealing. that should discourage her from potentially injuring herself

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000